Development Engineer Mechanics
Job TitleDevelopment Engineer Mechanics
Job DescriptionYour challenge
Do you have a passion for product development and the drive to deliver innovative lighting solutions that matter to our customers? Are you interested in playing a role in the middle of a technological revolution and to use your strengths in shaping the future? Are you ready to make a next step in your career on your way to a have a leading role in a product development environment? Then this is the challenge you're looking for.
The essence of your role is to specify, develop, validate and release mechanical products and modules being part of lighting solutions in compliance with all requirements, norms and standards. You will work in multi-disciplinary and multi-site project teams.
We are currently looking for a Development Engineer Mechanics to join the Development Group located in Kętrzyn.
This team creates professional lighting solutions for outdoor applications like streets, roads, tunnels and patrol stations. The team is strong in developing LED powered products and is rapidly strengthening its capabilities in delivering intelligent lighting systems.
The Development Group in Kętrzyn is part of the R&D team for the segment Outdoor in Europe. This segment is one of the three segments of the Business Group Professional Lighting Solutions, which is part of the Lighting sector.
- Review the mechanical requirements for products, modules and components to be developed and give feedback regarding feasibility
- Develop mechanical concepts in line with the requirements and safeguard the functionality, performance, costs, quality, reliability, safety and produce-ability of products, modules and components, using techniques like DfSS, Value Engineering, tolerance analysis, DfA and FMEA
- Ensure re-use of components where possible,
- Document technical specifications into a complete Technical Product Documentation and support the release of components, modules and of the total product
- Ensure consistency of mechanical solutions within and if possible beyond application clusters (standardization and rationalization of technical solutions)
- Contribute to improvement of the existing product portfolio e.g. by supporting competition and benchmarking activities, by reviewing technological knowledge generated by other Philips departments or suppliers and by keeping up to date with technological trends and staying in touch with front end innovation activities
- Continuously improve the day to day processes and ways of working
We are looking for
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Product Design Technical University degree (Bachelor in Electronic or Electrical Engineering as an advantage)
- Communicate effectively in English (oral and verbal)
- Gained professional experience for approx. 3 - 5 years
- Experienced in the development of components manufactured with different technologies like die casting, metal forming, plastic injection moulding and digital manufacturing
- Strong communication and leadership skills and feel comfortable to work in multi-site, multi-functional teams and with external partners, such as development partners or tool makers
- Team player and characterized by a leadership attitude, strong commitment and a high level of initiative
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Our benefits are competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Relocation package applicable for people moving in from outside of Ketrzyn region
- Annual bonus based on performance achieved
- BenefitSystem cards
- Discount for Philips Lighting' products
If you are interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume through the Philips career site.
Please provide a clause: "Hereby I agree to process my personal data included in my application for requirements of the recruitment process (in accordance to Personal Data Protection Act dated 29 August 1997; Official Journal no 133, item 883).
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top