Development Engineer - Electrical
Job TitleDevelopment Engineer - Electrical
Make a substantial contribution to the innovation of healthcare lighting products and development processes. Develop new products using the latest technologies and resources, often realizing systems based on unverified specifications.
- Perform light engine development and design, while meeting approbation requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of LED technologies including LED Platform boards, LED platform drives, controls and wireless products.
- Maintain knowledge of healthcare lighting products and design.
- Create software for lighting products and maintain their associated code.
- Perform and document measurements for product development and troubleshooting purposes.
- Design new LED boards for Philips indoor LED products, as needed.
- Maintain ability to perform thermal and photometry tests, as needed.
- Maintain knowledge relevant industry standards including UL, ETL, CSA and DLC.
- Assemble prototype circuit boards in surface mount laboratory and check PCB for proper assembly.
- Diagnose problems, and recommend solutions and circuit changes.
- Support factories, quality, and field service.
We are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and 3+ years of applicable experience.
- Hands on experience with designing electronic circuits including microprocessors, etc.
- Experience working with wireless technologies such as NFC, ZigBee, Bluetooth, etc.
- Experience with lighting controls such as networking, DALI, POE, etc.
- Familiar with FCC requirements.
- Understanding of LED technology.
- Understanding of BOM's, engineering change processes and documentation.
- Experience with oscilloscope, multi-meter, power supply, LED end of line tester, etc.
- Proficient in C/C++, Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access), Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without current or future company sponsorship needs.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here. Apply today!
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top