Job TitleDevelopment engineer
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate to risk-analysis in order to make right categorization in terms of difficulty for new projects.
- After getting informed of selected new projects , set up the engineering planning containing transfer meeting, start of engineering, complexity, timing release for cost price, timeline for prototyping and feasibility study , and final release.
- After transfer meeting, set up the architecture of the project and techniques/technologies to be used and discuss with expat-engineer from HQ. If applicable, organize brainstorming with necessary people, when applicable, people from other departments and/ or the factories/suppliers.
- Work out the project by means of drawings, used technologies and related design rules. From each part – beside a 3D – a drawing must be made including important and functional dimensions, material and technology related remarks. On article level, an exploded view is made.
- Perform necessary research and organize testing to make sure risks and feasibility are known/risks minimized and feasibility optimized.
- When first out of tools/first samples arrive, do the necessary evaluations to verify result with product specifications. Perform and initiate corrective actions if applicable.
- If necessary give necessary support to the factories/assembly for first production.
- Manages own efficiency executing the work within the forseen time and budget
- Develops according to cost targets
- Translates the realistic application and value chain conditions into (sub-) system and component specs”
- Pro-actively reaches out to project colleagues in order to optimize the total offering
“• 5+ years experience in lighting luminaire design or consumer electronics products, in an international context with evidence of contributions which led to proven business success
- Recognized through contributions to the specialist community through mentoring, publications, teaching, external and internal collaboration, participation in professional organizations
- Plays active role to bring the mechanical “domain”- community to a higher level through networking, facilitating discussions and problem solving sessions
- 5+ yrs of experience cooperating in multi-disciplinary teams to develop integral idea to marketing offers
- QUALIFICATION: Bacholar or above degree in mechatronics or mechanical engineering “
“•High level knowledge of technology and application trends in the domain and industry
- Shows structural training or proven self study in domain and related areas
- Shares this knowhow to the rest of the org
- Generates initiatives leading to new/improved propositions
- Business acumen
- Result driven
- Can coach others.”
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Business Development Manager, Consumer Channel
Sean identifies new business opportunities in the market. He provides high-quality products throughout the marketplace for consumers to bring into their homes.
Back to top