Job TitleDevelopment Engineer
Come be a part of the fast growing LED lamp business, where you will learn LEDs, LED lamps, LED systems, LED application, and LED lighting solutions. You will have the opportunity gain experience from product development, front-end application, to back end customer support. As our business grows, you will have plenty opportunity to grow as well.
As a part of Philips LED Lamp global R&D organization, the team you will join is the LED Lamps R&D group that is based in Burlington, Massachusetts. Here we are responsible for the R&D aspect of LED lamps in North America (NA) and Latin America (LATAM), from identifying new LED lamp opportunities, conducting front-end application study and developing LED lamp products, to providing customer & field support. Your key focus will be on LATAM market.
- Provide technical and application support to LED Lamp product development and LED lamp projects. Perform application tests, Qualification tests, and data analysis.
- Responsible for providing technical support and solution to LED lamp customers in LATAM, both internal and external. Help customers resolve their technical and application issue related to LED lamps.
- Support LATAM LED lamp business by providing Marketing information, application knowhow, and customer feedback. Conduct benchmark study.
- Support Customer Service by performing in-depth analysis on Field returns, issuing reports. Also provide technical trainings to internal and external customers.
Lighting Industry is going through its transformation, changing from conventional lighting to LED lighting, from components business to system, solution, service business, from stand-alone product to Smart and Connected solution. At the center of this transformation, Philips LED Lamps has experienced fast growth and faced quite some challenges, such as quick learning of the new technology in LED lighting; the best cost innovation to win in the competition; identifying new value proposition to gain the extra market share
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in electrical engineering.
- 3 years of working experience in product development, lighting application, and technical field support.
- Must have strong knowledge of electrical circuity design (both analog and digital). Good understanding of product creation process.
- Proficient in lighting applications & technologies, good technical understanding of lighting products, particularly LATAM lighting marketing.
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills and be able to speak Spanish proficiently.
- Has a desire to listen to customers and present solutions while setting reasonable expectations.
- Must have proficiency in the delivery of presentations.
- An independent and self-motivated learner. Interested in working with customers, enjoy working in a very dynamic and energetic environment
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top