Demand Planning Manager
Job TitleDemand Planning Manager
Lead the Demand planning team in New Zealand and facilitate the forecasting and demand planning for the organisation. Leads the S&OP process and obtains demand plans from Sales/Channel/Marketing/Key Account Managers to produce a single demand plan for the sales organization.
You are responsible for developing and driving customer based demand plans to enable the market to meet sales & service objectives. Managing the monthly Demand Planning activities together with Sales, Marketing and Finance in close cooperation with the key stakeholders will also be a focus within the role. In addition, the responsibility of optimizing the supply chain performance through achieving sales forecast accuracy in line with targets will also be included within the scope.
The job responsibilities will include the following:
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly rolling forecast by channel in close collaboration with Sales, Marketing and all other relevant stakeholders
- Ensuring efficiency and cost-effectiveness of ensuring balance between service and cost in the market
- Continuous improvement of demand planning and collaboration with customers
- Planning and procurement of materials in line with Finished goods targets and the Supply Plans of the organisation.
- Demand Planning preparation for product life cycle management, determining in consultation with Product and Key Account Managers, the relevant demand plans for input to SAP APO-DP system
- Weekly update of the current forecast to reflect short-term material changes, based on the results of actual to forecast sales by product axis.
- Measurement of forecast accuracy. Providing monthly reporting that identifies forecast accuracy (actual sales versus forecast) by relevant dimensions and the cause of variances.
- Maintain and update the sales history of the organisation by channel to create a "clean" sales history that can be used to produce accurate statistical forecasts.
The Lighting Industry is going through its transformation, changing from conventional lighting to LED lighting, from components business to system, solution and service business, from stand-alone product to Smart and Connected solution. At the centre of this transformation, Philips LED Lamps has experienced fast growth. Come be a part of the fast growing business, where you will learn LEDs, LED lamps, LED systems, LED application, and LED lighting solutions. You will have the opportunity to gain experience from product development, front-end application, to back end customer support. As our business grows, you will have plenty opportunity to grow as well.
We are looking for
- 10+ years of Supply Chain Management experience with focus on Demand and Supply Planning
- Excellent planning and forecasting experience
- Working experience with Consumer electronics, technology or fast moving goods companies is preferred
- People management experience and
- Strong influencing skills, able to drive and challenge management team members
- Working knowledge on logistics, transportation and managing 3rd party vendors is preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top