Database Administrator – Oracle
Job TitleDatabase Administrator – Oracle
Philips Lighting, a Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) company, is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. In 2015, we had sales of EUR 7.4 billion and employed 33,000 people worldwide.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Configure and maintain Oracle database instances and services.
- Perform ongoing tuning of the database instances.
- Create embedded procedures and maintenance scripts for Oracle databases.
- Design and tune SQL queries.
- Monitor performance to provide fast query responses.
- Manage and test backup and recovery plans.
- Implement and enforce security for Oracle databases.
- Work closely with developers and system administrators.
- Patch and test new versions of Oracle databases.
We are looking for a person who fits the following requirements:
- Graduate with Bachelor or Master degree, with the preference in IT field, in a technical Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering discipline, IT & Econometrics
- Good spoken and written English language skills (B2)
- 3+ years of experience in Oracle administration as a must
- Experience in writing complex SQL Queries for Oracle databases as a must
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016
- A basic knowledge of Microsoft .Net and Java programming
- Administration of Microsoft SQL server will be an asset
- Good communication skills across the team members
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills.
We kindly inform you that we will contact only chosen candidates.
Please provide a clause: "Hereby I agree to process my personal data included in my application for requirements of the recruitment process (in accordance to Personal data Protection Act dated 29 August 1997; Official Journal no 133, item 883)".
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top