Customer Service Manager - Markham, Ontario
Job TitleCustomer Service Manager - Markham, Ontario
Customer Service Manager - Markham, Ontario
Managing multiple competing priorities in order to provide customer service excellence, team building activities, employee growth, and the implementation of new Philips initiatives, while managing direct reports in a diverse work environment.
Contribute to the growth of Philips by fostering and supporting employee growth within your span of influence as well as providing excellent customer service, which results in large base of Philips promoters in the industry.
- Direct the daily activities of the order management team and provide performance management feedback as needed. Daily activities include order processing, customer service activities, returns and credits processing.
- Serve as the primary customer escalation point for issue resolution and all areas of Philips including manufacturing facilities, Finance. IT, distribution and sales.
- Implement order management and other Philips directives at your local order management team site to improve efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
- Provide employee training to ensure maximum job performance and provide growth opportunities for motivated employees within the order management group or other areas of Philips.
- Work directly with rep partners to develop the most effective ways of working between order management and the sales rep organization.
The Order Management team is a part of the Customer Fulfillment Center.
The Markham location is one of several Order Management Hubs strategically located across the United States and Canada. The team services the sales rep organization across the country.
The key stakeholders are the field sales rep organization, the Philips sales management team, and the Philips factory management organization.
You will have 6 Customer Order Specialists under your responsibilities and you will be reporting to our Sr. Customer Order Manager for Canada.
We are looking for
- A Manager who provides daily, hands-on direction with superior workload management skills to manage direct reports including the Customer Services Representative team. Ensure that customer service inquiries are answered in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner. Oversees that orders are entered into the system timely and accurately, and production priorities are communicated on an effective basis.
- Maintains effective communications with the Planning/Scheduling department, Sales and Manufacturing to ensure the production schedule reflects needed priorities and on-time deliveries to customers
- Brings strong performance management culture to the team, including developing self-directed teams.
- Develops processes and tools to enable the team to provide proactive order management.
- Acquires and maintains a good working knowledge of Philips Professional Lighting products and related terminology.
- Serves as a high level contact for external sales, including Agency Representatives and all external customers to resolve problems in a professional and timely manner. Escalates problems to Management when necessary.
- Acts on feedback and input from external customers relative to service levels and service requests.
- Able to balance day to day duties with continuous improvement activities by use of LEAN, Six Sigma and or other business improvement techniques
- Address disciplinary and or performance problems according to company policy
Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Minimum of 5 years managerial experience of a large, fast paced customer service operation, preferably lighting in a manufacturing environment.
Computer proficiency, SAP experience a plus
Proven leadership experience
Ability to develop and motivate a team
Skilled in leading employees through change and rapid growth
Intermediate Excel skills
Solid analytical skills to drive performance and improvements
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here. Apply today!
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Philips Lighting Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We have been made aware of fraudulent job offers, misrepresenting Philips in the market place. Philips does not send a cheque when making a job offer and does not charge a fee for any phase of the job application process. If you receive a cheque or are requested to pay a fee in order to process a job application or conduct a background check, these are not authorized Philips communications. Also, be advised that Philips employees only conduct email communications via "@philips.com" email accounts, communication from other email accounts like @philipslighting.ca are not official Philips communications. Always exercise caution when personal information is being requested of you. To report a scam, please visit the Government of Canada's Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre website at www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca
#LI-NC1 10 No
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top