Computer Science/Software Engineering Internship (Audio Processing)
Job TitleComputer Science/Software Engineering Internship (Audio Processing)
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we're looking for?
At Philips Lighting we are interested in understanding how we can make automate control of lighting systems. When of the aspects we are looking at currently is how can we use sound to detect what is happening to users in an environment and how that affects them
- Investigate from literature known algorithm libraries, as a function of predefined user features
- Define key performance indicators (KPI) together with system architect
- Compare selected algorithms based on KPI, and select highest scoring solution
- Generate PC-based test environment (e.g. Matlab) for algorithm development and testing
- Validate algorithm based on collected data (generated by project team)
- Port algorithm to embedded platform for further project testing (e.g. Raspberry PI, Arduino, microcontroller).
- Communicate results and trade-offs to project team and stakeholders
The internship will take place within Philips Lighting Research, located at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven. As an intern you will be part of an ongoing multidisciplinary project team, working closely with other groups within Research. You will also have the chance to interact with architects and managers from Research and from different Business Units.
We're looking for students eager to help us in improving light experiences in homes. This internship would match with a Master of Science Thesis in the areas of signal processing or similar domains (though not exclusively). Preferred timing is 6-12 months starting as soon as possible.
We are looking for
- Currently studying towards your Master of Science in: Signal Processing , Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Physics
- Strong signal processing skills
- Knowledge of audio-based phenomena (preferred)
- Skilled in scientific/algorithm programming languages (e.g. Matlab, etc.).
- Knowledgeable in embedded SW (C, C++, Linux, RTOS) (preferred)
- Good communication skills
- Proficient in written and oral English
- Capable of generating clear documentation about progress and findings
- You will receive an internship allowance; the exact amount depends on your situation. (also towards rented accommodation or public transport
- The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
- Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and are you ready to take on this challenge?
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today.
You can apply for the internship through this link:
- EU/EER students: In order to be considered for this internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of this may be requested at any time.
- Non EU students in Dutch Universities: You need to be registered as a student and your university needs to sign the Nuffic Agreement. The internship needs to be compulsory part of your studies (receive ECTS in turn). In case of non-compulsory internship, you need to encompass a letter from the university in which it states that the internship contributes to your personal development, what your learning goals will be and what tasks you will carry out during the internship. The letter has to be signed and stamped by your university.
- Non EU students in non-Dutch Universities: You need to be registered as a student and the internship should be compulsory part of your studies. Also, you need to be able to get official approval of your university for this internship (Nuffic agreement).
Please apply only if you can meet the aforementioned requirements.
The content of our regular internship assignments is not suitable for MBA students with professional work experience
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top