Computer Science Internship (Data Center and Cloud Services Domain)
Job TitleComputer Science Internship (Data Center and Cloud Services Domain)
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we're looking for?
We are looking for a passionate student who will support the Datacenter & Cloud services domain of Philips Lighting. Our team needs to assess if we can downsize the infrastructure supporting of our IT Services. In many cases the infrastructure can be downsized / rightsized without too much impact on availability or quality of the IT services.
Your challenge will be to identify environments that can be downsized, write a project plan, propose relevant changes and implement solutions. In addition, you will create reports on the savings achieved. Your goal will be to save costs by decreasing / changing / moving the underlying infrastructure
Day-to-day, you will be busy with the following:
- Help defining the right sizing and requirements for our current IT services and solutions
- Developing, modifying and improving datacenter solutions
- Supporting Datacenter costs savings initiatives
- Implementing approved improvements through our change management process
You will be working in the Datacenter & Cloud services domain, which is part of IT Service Operations. As an intern, you will report to the Datacenter & Cloud services domain lead and work closely with the Datacenter & Cloud services architect. In addition, you work together with the relevant Service managers located throughout the world.
We are offering an internship of six months (with a possibility of extension), where you will have the unique opportunity to learn and develop yourself in a multinational environment with an experienced group of professionals. We are looking for someone who can start in June 2017 (start date can be flexible for the right candidate).
The possibility of combining the internship with your Thesis can be discussed. Nevertheless, this is a great opportunity for hands-on work experience
We are looking for
- Strong interest in beginning a career in technology consulting upon receiving your undergraduate degree
- Experience, interest, and aptitude in technology, software, and innovation
- Sharp research skills, entrepreneurial mindset, sense of ownership, diligence, enthusiasm, and drive to see projects through to successful completion
- Competences: The ability to take responsibility for one's own performance, by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly; be efficient, hands-on and independent. Look for creative solutions.
- Good communication skills are required
To be successful in this internship we are looking for you:
- Currently studying towards your MBO/HBO Bachelor / Bachelor of Science / Master of science WO in: Computer Sciences / ICT or related studies / Software Engineering / Software Technology /Technology
- Language: excellent level of English is mandatory, other languages are a plus but not necessary
- Previous internship experience: not required, but is considered a plus
- You will receive an internship allowance; the exact amount depends on your situation. (also towards rented accommodation or public transport
- The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
- Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and are you ready to take on this challenge?
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today.
- EU/EER students: In order to be considered for this internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of this may be requested at any time.
- Non EU students in Dutch Universities: You need to be registered as a student and your university needs to sign the Nuffic Agreement. The internship needs to be compulsory part of your studies (receive ECTS in turn). In case of non-compulsory internship, you need to encompass a letter from the university in which it states that the internship contributes to your personal development, what your learning goals will be and what tasks you will carry out during the internship. The letter has to be signed and stamped by your university.
- Non EU students in non-Dutch Universities: You need to be registered as a student and the internship should be compulsory part of your studies. Also, you need to be able to get official approval of your university for this internship (Nuffic agreement).
Please apply only if you can meet the aforementioned requirements.
- The content of our regular internship assignments is not suitable for MBA students with professional work experience.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top