Job TitleComponents Planner
Develop and manage the supply chain to insure the availability of materials and services needed to support our BG Home and our production plans, at the best value.
- Plan materials and issue Blanket PO release and Standard POs required for production
- Communicate and follow-up daily on open and past due orders
- Monitor stock levels for upcoming shortages and capacity constraints
- Optimize item planning methods and attributes by utilizing ERP system
- Implement Min/Max, KANBAN, or MRP as appropriate
- Manage supplier delivery performance, expedite POs as necessary to meet demand fluctuations and escalate to sourcing or management as appropriate
- Work with Accounting to resolve supplier invoice / credit issues
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities within Supply Chain or cross functional areas
We are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in SC Management, Engineering
- 1 to 3 years' experience as an Assistant Buyer or Buyer
- Ability to work in a Windows environment with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Must be a problem solver
- Must be able to multi-task and be detail-oriented
- Have a strong sense of urgency - ability to identify and prioritize key daily initiatives
- High level of personal accountability
- Strong organizational skills
- Fluent English
At Philips, you can accelerate your personal growth by being part of entrepreneurial teams, building a career designed for you and integrating work-life balance throughout your career with us. You will also get a good salary package with attractive medical benefit.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top