Commodity Manager – Software and IC (Asia Pacific)
Job TitleCommodity Manager – Software and IC (Asia Pacific)
As a Strategic Buyer - Software & ICs, you are responsible for being the procurement partner for Philips Lighting businesses and for the research and venture teams in your geography. You work with business roadmaps to Identify the right software and IC supplier to suit the business requirement. You work together with your R&D colleagues in setting up supplier scouting activities and evaluations of embedded software, smart phone apps, software utilities and cloud (IaaS, SaaS) solutions. Furthermore you are responsible for the sourcing of software intensive products like RF ICs and SoCs (System on chip) and selecting the best supplier based on technical, timing and commercial terms. You work together with procurement and operations colleagues in driving the product introduction and ensuring continuous supply.For a candidate with a technical background and a business orientation, this position offers a great stepping stone into a commercial position!
Key Areas of responsibility
- Understand the software, RF IC and SoC requirements of the various businesses and research ventures running in Philips Lighting Asia Pacific
- Lead the software or IC supplier selection, based on applicable processes and in close cooperation with a cross functional team consisting business managers, engineering etc.
- Work closely together with R&D software and hardware teams
- Negotiation of terms and conditions including cost and setting up of legal agreements with the supplier, in collaboration with your colleagues from software and IC commodity teams
- Set up the Software and IC Strategy together with the R&D Program Managers in Asia Pacific and feed input to global commodity manager
- Support mainstream procurement in structuring the relation with our suppliers via periodic business review meetings, based on a differentiated approach (multi-level, leverage-based, security, intellectual ownership, etc)
- Maintain the relation and obligations with licensors, in terms of periodic payments and other conditions
- Contribute to other functions by delivering market intelligence on software and IP landscape
As a Strategic Buyer - Software & IC, you are a member of the Global commodity team, which is responsible for procurement strategy at a global level. Your stakeholders are your colleagues from business and research ventures in Asia Pacifi, and suppliers of world class software and IC solutions.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top