Job TitleCommodity Manager
Responsible for developing global procurement strategy for assigned areas with a
medium term to long term <3 year sight line. Is responsible for implementation.
- Inform and advise relevant management about important trends in the supplier
- Responsible for first time supplier evaluation and review for the assigned scope
- Responsible for leading a multi-functional team (e.g. supplier quality, CE-T's and
- Responsible for following the supplier sourcing process for the assigned scope
- Responsible for stakeholder management (CEO/CFO and other functional
executives) in the assigned organizational scope.
- Maintain an understanding and critically evaluates:
- strategies of competitors (benchmark)
- innovation cycles
- niche players
- Recommends strategic directions, policies and establishes procurement directives.
- Lead the global Regional / Commodity team and provide support to Strategic
Buyers when needed.
- Ensures that all Procurement related risks are controlled and mitigated.
- Spearhead formalization of the supplier relationship management process via
- Develop multiple supplier relations in order to involve key suppliers as early as
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top