Commodity Engineer - Technology
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
This role is part of Commodity responsible for engineering. Its responsibilities are at the heart of ensure constant benchmarking of our suppliers for cost and capability and leverage the best suppliers, so aspiring for excellence must be in your DNA.
Together we can...
A Commodity Engineer is responsible of ensure constant benchmarking of our suppliers for cost and capability and leverage the best suppliers.
- Acts as a critical link between Core Suppliers, Procurement Engineering/ new product development (IPD) teams and the Commodity Managers.
- Deliver strategic technology directions during the commodity strategy development process.
- Responsible for the effective component selection process within a category, to achieve the most optimal component solution from a cost, commonality and quality perspective.
- Responsible to organize effective component engineering support for the categories on component management.
- Cooperates in the preparation of major negotiations with technology suppliers by providing appropriate facts.
- Create benchmark cost data for largest and newest suppliers in cooperation with Commodity team.
- Maintain a future outlook for the technology, including latest innovations and developments of supplier landscape to be shared regularly or on demand with Commodity teams and with Product teams.
- Discuss with Supplier Quality Managers whether a certain technique will provide the right end-quality and discuss tools to measure quality.
- Responsible for developing cost models for new technology.
- Responsible for organizing global platform for cross learning /synergizing / standardizing.
- Ensures an effective value proposition generation process towards business stakeholders.
- Ensures a constant inflow of Innovation events.
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Learning on the Fly
- Process Management
- Strategic Agility
- Technical Learning
- Analyse & Benchmark Technologies (e.g. Kraljic Matrix, ABC Analysis)
- Cost Modelling
- Scouting and Analysing Technology
- Supplier and Commodity Scouting
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Elena works on developing, implementing, and managing compensation and rewards programs in order to attract, retain, and motivate employees in support of Philips’ business objectives.
Back to top