Job TitleCollections Specialist
Take an active role in our team of Collections Specialists responsible for cash collections, with a defined group of major/key customer accounts, at Philips' Lighting North America by maintaining excellent relationships with our customers, internal finance leadership, and cross functional
- Manage an active customer base of key accounts, with a portfolio size of $10 - 30 million dollars.
- Contact clients with past due balances in the portfolio to obtain payment, payment commitment, and follow up on payment promises.
- Meet or exceed targeted cash collections metrics, reducing past due, bad debt exposure, and other quantitative targets.
- Accountable for reporting any disputed/short paid invoices, identifying root cause, and collaborating with various internal departments to expedite resolution/payment.
- Escalate major collection issues with management that may require special attention/support.
- Assist the cash applications department with resolving payment application discrepancies, ensuring adjustments are completed in a timely fashion.
- Support and develop accounts receivable lean process improvements.
- Prepare proposals for agency placement and write off to bad debt.
We are offering an opportunity to be part of a team of professional collectors to work in a growth and development culture.
We are looking for
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred and 5+ years of experience working with a multimillion dollar portfolio
- Strong business to business collections experience with a customer service/retention mindset
- Experience with collection software (FSCM desirable)
- SAP or similar ERP accounting application experience preferred
- Proficiency with Excel (Vlookup and pivot tables a plus)
- Understanding of Sox compliance (internal control standards), preferably in a collections environment
- Experience with account reconciliation
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without current or future company sponsorship needs.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here. Apply today!
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top