Cloud Developer / Cyber Security Trainee
Job TitleCloud Developer / Cyber Security Trainee
Everything starts with light. Light moves cities, carries information and comforts mind and body. Join Philips Lighting and make an impact on people's lives with light.
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company does. We continuously invest in new innovations and are considered a leader in the "Internet of Things" (IoT) space. We are building out our capabilities while creating impactful partnerships with leading global players (e.g., Apple, Cisco, Google, Bosch, SAP). We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces
This role is for Software Developers with a hacker mind-set. You are eager to dive deep into software to find out how it works and how it can be made to do things it is not supposed to do. You have experience in cloud development, but want to become an expert in cyber security. On a day-to-day basis you are developing innovative cloud applications, but you get coached by our security experts to become our hands-on SW Security Developer. This includes a training program.
You have to be eager to learn new cloud technologies and security concepts and to become a developer that talks and teaches about the latest innovations in the cloud & security domain. You don't only talk about it, you also demonstrate these through (concept) developments.
We are looking for an experienced, talented and motivated Senior DevOps engineer to join our cloud development team in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. We are looking to fill a need for a highly competent and highly motivated individual to be part of the team developing Lighting applications in the cloud at Amazon Web Services.
- Actively contribute to all aspects of agile software development: planning, tracking, architecture, secure development, configuration management, security testing, penetration testing, integration, validation, and documentation
- Review web/mobile applications and networks on security elements
- Integrate security tools in the development process
- Dive deep into the software stack to troubleshoot as needed.
- Working on the boundary of Research and Business you have to be able to materialize new innovations and keep abreast of technical developments in own field
- A few examples of technologies we work with on a daily basis: AWS, TerraForm, Docker, Apache, Jenkins, and a variety of modern web frameworks (ASP.NET MVC, Node.js, Python Django, Grails)
The DigiLab Lighting department has a strong link to a wide range of Philips Lighting businesses supporting the innovation cycle from early concept into development in an Agile way. It focuses on first of a kind concept development and prototypes with a software related core. The department is using state of the art languages, frameworks and operates using Agile methods.
We are looking for
A fast learner who is talented and motivated to develop secure cloud applications to join our Lighting Research team in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. You will work in a research team very closely with business development teams to integrate new innovations into cloud environments and ensure their ongoing support once there.
The successful candidate in the role of Senior DevOps engineer brings:
- At least a Bachelor degree in computer science or informatics (Master degree is preferred, including security courses)
- 2..3 years relevant experience in developing web application and services
- Strong affinity with cyber security, ethical hacking experience is a plus
- Hand's-on Software developer
- Knowledge of Internet technologies and practices such as Web services, Restful API's, Open Source projects;
- Proven experience with Cloud Development & Engineering using PaaS platforms
- Excellent communication skills; including teaching - presenting - writing reports
- A team player, eager to invest in personal and team growth
You will work in a dynamic and challenging environment. Since you will be working in a team of experts, each with his/her own competence, you will gain a lot of knowledge on related topics in a short amount of time. We welcome you to a challenging, dynamic and innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Depending on experience, a market conform salary;
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually;
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching;
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package;
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount.
If you're interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site- vacancy number 268221.
Want to learn more about Philips Lighting?
Visit our website (http://www.lighting.philips.com) to see our exciting range of products and services. You can also view some of our videos here:
Light beyond illumination: https://youtu.be/_jPjo_yR_0A
Consumer Home Lighting: https://youtu.be/lCv4r3wgsPQ
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top