CAD Technician - Langley, BC
Job TitleCAD Technician – Langley, BC
We welcome new graduate for this role
Philips Ledalite is a top performing company within Philips Lighting, the worldwide leader in the development of lighting and lighting controls solutions for institutional and commercial facilities. Our success is driven by technology, innovation, quality, product design, sales and marketing. This position provides support to both the Ledalite Technical Support Center (TSC) and the R&D Team. Your position will be multi-faceted role creating project drawings based on customer requirements as well as extensive involvement in the product development process.
Provide drawing support to the Technical Support Center via:
- Generating product layout drawings for Project Coordination group as required in AutoCad.
- Reviewing drawings against customer documentation to ensure accuracy and to verify requirements
- Providing CAD support for automated layout drawing generator.
- Calculating bill of material requirements for projects as drawn.
Provide product development support to the R&D department via:
- Generating CAD models, assembly drawings, component drawings, installation drawings, wiring schematics and bill of materials
- Preparing, issuing and implementing Engineering Change Notices (ECN)
- Validating designs via hands-on prototyping, rapid prototyping and testing
- Performing pre-compliance product testing
- Supporting the maintenance of existing designs for product improvement program
- Participating in cross-functional design reviews
You will be reporting to our Technical Support Center Lead and joining a team of 18 people.
Your qualifications :
- Technical diploma, CAD certificate or equivalent, and Solid Works experience
- Very strong command of the English language (oral and written).
- Ability to perform various calculations and data manipulation in Excel.
- Functions well in team environment.
- Experience of a manufacturing design environment preferred.
- Highly motivated self-starter with good attention to detail and a desire to improve processes.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication abilities.
- Strong sense and commitment to appearance of final drawings.
- Ability to prioritize and respond to the needs of several people.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here. Apply today!
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Philips Lighting Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer
We have been made aware of fraudulent job offers, misrepresenting Philips in the market place. Philips does not send a cheque when making a job offer and does not charge a fee for any phase of the job application process. If you receive a cheque or are requested to pay a fee in order to process a job application or conduct a background check, these are not authorized Philips communications. Also, be advised that Philips employees only conduct email communications via “@philips.com” email accounts, communication from other email accounts like @philipslighting.ca are not official Philips communications. Always exercise caution when personal information is being requested of you. To report a scam, please visit the Government of Canada’s Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre website at www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca
#LI-NC1 10 No
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Business Development Manager, Consumer Channel
Sean identifies new business opportunities in the market. He provides high-quality products throughout the marketplace for consumers to bring into their homes.
Back to top