Business Analyst - Security Engineering
Job TitleBusiness Analyst – Security Engineering
As a Security Engineer, you work closely with the other Security engineers in the team, you will be challenged to leverage your technical security, tooling and process expertise, along with your ability to engage with business stakeholders in order to ensure a process of continual improvement of the Security Services for the information Security Office is maintained.
- Establish day-to-day maintenance activities (e.g. health checks, changes, incident response, software and hardware updates, performance tracking and status reporting) for POC and temporary Security tooling infrastructure
- Participate in the identification, development, documentation and implementation of new security services or improvements of existing services.
- Introduce new concepts, technologies and products relevant to the Information Security Office services
- Act as liaison between the Information Security Office with other relevant discipline and domains, for the Piloting, implementation and maintenance of Security Services. (e.g. Datacenter, Networking, Applications and most importantly Security Operations)
- Providing advice on solving security related challenges and proposing technological solutions.
You will report directly into the Head of the Projects and Engineering Department in the Information Security Office of Philips Lighting. You will work closely with members of the two teams in the Projects and Engineering department, as well as other members of the Philips Lighting Information Security Office.
We offer you the opportunity to personally contribute to Philips Lighting’s achievement of growth objectives and ambition to improve the lives of 3 Billion people a year by 2025. Your contributions will enable broader deployment of solutions that address some of society’s most pressing issues. You will help shape the future of light, impacting sustainability and the curtailment of costly and damaging energy consumption.
This position is a key member of the Projects and Engineering department within the Information Security Office. You will have a direct role in the process of designing and implementing new security services or identifying and implementing improvements of existing security services for the Information Security Office, in order to safeguard our information assets, supporting the business to move into the solutions and connected devices marketplace.
You will also have the opportunity to further advance your career in a company that believes in offering its employees the challenges and opportunities they need to grow professionally and personally. We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in administering a multi OS (windows and Linux/Unix) IT infrastructure environment, with minimal 3+ years Linux/Unix
- CISSP, GIAC, CEH or similar Information Security certification
- Experienced and effective in collaboration in international, multidisciplinary teams.
- Deep knowledge of IT / Information Security Technology, Tooling and processes
- Subject Matter Expert in designing, implementing and maintaining IT technology infrastructures in general and IT security solutions in particular.
- An out-of-the-box thinker that enjoys challenging situations and presents alternatives including recommendations that best fit the environment
- Knowledge and understanding of IT Security architecture, cyber-attack methods and actors.
- In-depth knowledge of preventative, detective and responsive security concepts, technology, solutions and processes and their integration in the IT infrastructure and organization
- Analytical, solution and service oriented.
- Familiar with programming and scripting languages, like C++, Perl, PHP, Bash, SQL.
- Passionate with Information Security, respectfully assertive, accurate and flexible.
- Ability to be concise and clear in communication
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to work well in a team to accomplish departmental objectives
- 3+ years working in an multinational environment
- 5+ years in IT / Information Security Engineering roles, with 3+ years working within an Security focused team
If you have any questions about this position, please do not hesitate to contact the recruiter directly via [email protected]
If you’re interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site. With your application, please also share portfolio with relevant work. After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for recruitment- and business interviews.
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. For more information, visit:
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today!
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Business Development Manager, Consumer Channel
Sean identifies new business opportunities in the market. He provides high-quality products throughout the marketplace for consumers to bring into their homes.
Back to top