Black Belt – Business Transformation, Americas/Supply Chain
Job TitleBlack Belt – Business Transformation, Americas/Supply Chain
At Philips, we are looking for agile and innovative thinkers to help us to connect with our customers in new, creative and innovative ways. The lighting industry is in full transformation. Conventional light sources are rapidly replaced with electronic light sources (LED) and this has enabled the use of digital technology to connect and control lighting and increase functionality in a way that was never possible before. The innovation speed has increased dramatically and the scope has expanded to electronics, software, communications and information technology, systems engineering and data analytics for services.
The Business Process Improvement organization partners with the North America Commercial organization to deliver breakthrough process improvement, successfully close strategic projects and provide significant financial impact. The Black Belt will lead more complex sub transformation E2E projects with a focus on improvement within the supply chain organization. The role will also manage its own project team as a part of a larger project.
- Manage strategic projects for the supply chain organization with focus late stage assembly (Postponement) capabilities, service reliability and fill rate improvements.
- Support End to End Transformation projects in project management or transformation consultant role
- Build detailed end to end project plans to manage and deliver all assigned projects on-time and under-budget, including risk and mitigation plans
- Manage communication plans for all projects
- Enlist appropriate levels of support for the projects, including executive and management level support
- Determine the structure and lead the cross-functional teams to successfully complete projects
- Develop templates, tools, KPI's and operational reporting for all projects
- Perform Benchmarking Studies
Philips Lighting is the global market leader in the lighting industry, with recognized expertise in the development, manufacturing and application of innovative lighting solutions. We offer our expertise, depth and reach across the entire lighting value chain to improve and simplify the work of our professional partners wherever our knowledge and reach can create value for them. From LED light sources to the increased role of controls to all-inclusive tailor-made solutions our approach is to observe and listen to people—our customers, consumers and stakeholders- to ensure that what we do every day addresses their real needs and aspirations in life. Together with architects, lighting designers, city planners, public authorities, and even with consumers in their homes, Philips Lighting seeks to simply enhance people's lives with light.
- Bachelor's degree required with a Master's or MBA preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience is required
- Possession of Six Sigma Black Belt experience strongly preferred if not then precertification is required
- Experience working within a large global organization is required
- Experience in supply chain is required
- Project management experience and PMP certification a plus
- Lean certification a plus
- This position MUST sit in Somerset, NJ
- Ability to travel up to 20% required
- Able to coach up, challenge up, manage message to multiple layers of the organization
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Reliable and well organized individual with strong attention to detail
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here.
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top