Bilingual HR Advisor - Markham, Ontario
Job TitleBilingual HR Advisor - Markham, Ontario
Bilingual HR Advisor - Markham, Ontario
The HR Advisor will provide specialized advisory services to line managers in a wide range of HR management processes in order to assist and advice line managers on HR policies and practices in their daily people management activities and in the execution of (their part of) HR transactional processes.
HR activities and processes in scope include advice on:
- Management of illness, absence and discipline
- Transfers and terminations
- Full scope of yearly PPM (People Performance Management) and ACR (Annual Compensation Review) process
- Employee contracting and contractual changes
- Application of reward policies
- Payroll & benefits management
- Reporting & analytics
- Systems & applications support
- Time & attendance management
- International Mobility (support)
- Training delivery and administration
- Advises line manager on people management issues, complex HR processes and legal boundaries
- Advises on Philips HR policies, including Reward policies and talent management processes
- Assesses feasibility and boundaries of certain people management practices in specific contexts (factory, commercial, Business Group, HQ,…)
- Where applicable, provides specialized advice on HR matters to employees (via contact center)
- If applicable, can advise line manager in collecting information, data processing or paperwork to finalize the request raised (where it regards transactional activities / system support, this role handles complex cases. Other, more straightforward cases are handled through contact center.)
- Aims to meet targets and monitor KPI's related to quality, speed and customer satisfaction when handling cases
- Continuously drive standardization and improvements in way of working, including pro-actively addressing communication and portal content on topics that can be (further) standardized.
- Add flagging suggestions for policy improvement towards (local) CoE, based on day to day experience. Supports in translating policy and legal design to processes, which can be delivered by HR Services.
- Uses case management system, other service delivery tools and global and local applications to process and document requests
- Acts in close co-operation with other functions within HR Services, especially Contact Center Advisor and Admin &Payroll specialist, and with other HR functions, such as local HR business parter and COE's (Talent Acquisition, Reward, Talent Development, Training)
- Acts within the policies determined and escalates out-of-policy cases/requests to HR business partner.
The HR Advisor will be a part of the HR Services organization, and report to HR Services Manager/ HRS team leader.
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. For more information, visit us online.
We are looking for:
- Minimum of BS/BA in Human Resources, Business, or related.
- 1+ year of experience within a HR business partner/HR support role, preferably within a large, multinational organization.
- Must have knowledge of HR regulations/processes, labor law, benefits, payroll, training and related.
- Experience working with a wide-range of areas/functions is a plus. Experience supporting manufacturing site(s) is a plus.
- Strong MS Office skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with ERP systems (Workday is preferred)
- Strong communication/consultative/partnership skills are a must.
- Bilingual (French and English) written and spoken
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here. Apply today!
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Philips Lighting Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We have been made aware of fraudulent job offers, misrepresenting Philips in the market place. Philips does not send a cheque when making a job offer and does not charge a fee for any phase of the job application process. If you receive a cheque or are requested to pay a fee in order to process a job application or conduct a background check, these are not authorized Philips communications. Also, be advised that Philips employees only conduct email communications via "@philips.com" email accounts, communication from other email accounts like @philipslighting.ca are not official Philips communications. Always exercise caution when personal information is being requested of you. To report a scam, please visit the Government of Canada's Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre website at www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca
#LI-NC1 10 No
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top