Architecture Manager - French Speaker
ARCHITECTURE MANAGER (French-Speaker)
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams.
Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
We are looking for an Architecture Manager
The Architecture Manager supports the commercial organization in the qualification of leads and developments of opportunities. He/she proposes the right architecture and the suitable service proposition and explains the technical & user benefits of the proposed system during customer negotiation. He/she helps to close deals. The Architecture Manager works across all geographies that the Systems Centre is responsible for in the Middle East, Turkey and Africa area (area focus will depend on the opportunities across the region, the African market is likely to be the priority for the role).
Working with the sales organization on the concrete project opportunities includes the initial pitch of the concept to the customers, drafting of the scope, identifying key risks and defining mitigation plans. The Architecture Manager will work closely with the Proposal Manager during the bid preparation and will cooperate with Design, Engineering, Project Management, Legal and Financing teams. He/she establishes and implements the delivery plans and strategies for successful proposal delivery in line with customer and internal expectations.
Key areas of responsibility
- Take defined architectures and turn them into technical solutions compliant with customer requirements
- Scan and analyze available competitor/3rd party offerings to create a competitive solution
- Work closely with technical subject matter experts (internally and externally) for relevant sub-systems input
- Work together with the Technical Designer to get the control drawings and review the design and System Engineers for feasibility and design to cost
- Deliver a consolidated architecture proposal creating ad-hoc design, system options & scenario
- Ensure good and up to date documentation of the technical proposal
- Act as a resource in support of sales to address the customers technical and application requirements
- Contribute to building a systems and services sales funnel by supporting Marketing and Commercial team in the market with the commercial propositions
- Support writing the consolidated proposal (full ownership of Proposal phase for offers requiring submission in French)
- Contribute to defining risk management in close cooperation with segment team & the Quality function
- Provide input for requirements towards execution: Project Management, Customer Service teams and vice versa
- Plan the required activities to deliver an offer on time
- Document and transmit project needs and Make/Buy strategy to procurement
- Support the Proposal team with Terms and Conditions to be included in contract to de-risk technical and commercial aspects
- Support the Commercial and Legal team in the market with contract reviews
- Ensure the approval process in line with the Project Board guidelines
- Ensure cost target is met by each contributor and elaborate costing sheet
- Analyze technical / commercial proposals from third parties which will be part of the final offer
- Bachelors and further Masters degree in technology/sciences, business management, or a related discipline
- Independent personality to support opportunities in developing markets
- 5+ years in building / outdoor architectures (close to Software Development teams)
- 5+ years experience in a fast paced technology/engineering industry
- Broad knowledge of underlying building blocks for connected cities, smart buildings, and software as a service architectures
- Experience with lighting architectures in end-user segments
- Familiar with software and "as a service" platforms
- Ability to support the market with proper qualification and de-risking of the opportunity
- Experience and capability to work with deep technical profiles as well as with commercial profiles
- Understanding of the buying strategy and experience working with purchasing specialists
- Creative and sales-minded engineer
- Strategic thinker with business acumen
- Track record of success in a multi-cultural environment
- French and English are mandatory
- 5+ years experience in assessing project costs with thorough knowledge of budgeting & financial concepts
- High level Segment knowledge in the communication protocols/network devices & framework: field/ integration buses, middleware, security, system reliability
- Solid understanding of project execution and stakeholder roles at all stages of the value chain
- In-depth understanding of commercial pitch and contractual frameworks for Energy Performance Contracts, ESCO's, Outcome-based contracts.
- Arabic language
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Elena works on developing, implementing, and managing compensation and rewards programs in order to attract, retain, and motivate employees in support of Philips’ business objectives.
Back to top