Application/Design-In Engineer - Applications and Software
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
Together we can...
• Provide post-sale technical application support for products and systems in the field.
• Provide technical support for trouble-shooting field issues (remote or in the field).
• Develop technical application training material on products and systems and conduct training for Sales and Customers.
• Support early adopter trial deployments & installations (Alpha and Beta sites).
• Support Product Management/Marketing/Sales for setting-up product demos at key industry trade shows.
• Design-In customized applications/solutions on project by project basis (including system solutions with components from complementary partners, when needed).
• Provide technical product competitive benchmarking & evaluations. Develop application notes (how product is used in the application) and tools (commissioning).
• Develop customer-facing technical documentation for new product releases, such as design-in guides and data sheets.
• Support the development of Customer Requirement Specifications (CRS) based on regional application needs.
• Interface with Product Management for commercial inputs & validation of CRS.
• Define regional application use cases in collaboration with Product Management.
• Provide customer/application/market based technical inputs for the development project Milestone checklists.
• Provide pre-sales support (factors that could influence obtaining the sale, such as reference designs, design-in projects).
• Perform application testing. Provide design input & guidelines to development engineers. Provide input to development for unit & system test plans. Evaluate diagnostic data collected for field issues and provide input to development for processing/resolution. Provide proof of concept testing and reports.
• Provide input in regional standards and regulatory meetings.
• A college graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or related; Master's Degree preferred
• 2+ years of experience in software (PC and mobile applications, embedded software)
• Experienced in design/development, or application support areas, of PC and mobile software applications/tools for setup, configuration and/or commissioning of electronics products and systems
• Experienced with tools to extract data from cloud based databases
• Experienced with digital electronic designs with hardware and software functions
• Successful in working directly with commercial teams and customers
• Experienced with pre/post sales technical support and/or technical sales
• Can translate customer needs into hardware and software system requirements
• Able to generate fast proposals in conceptual phases for iterative improvements
• Capable of supporting rapid prototyping of concepts and arrangement of product demonstrations for customers
• Customer focused, listens to customers and presents solutions, while setting reasonable expectations
• Experienced in Power Electronics/LED Lighting products/Lighting Control products, highly preferred
• Strong in verbal/written communication skills and proficient in the delivery of presentations
• Willing to travel up to 20%
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without current or future company sponsorship needs.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Elena works on developing, implementing, and managing compensation and rewards programs in order to attract, retain, and motivate employees in support of Philips’ business objectives.
Back to top