Application Security Manager - Product Security
Job TitleApplication Security Manager - Product Security
At Philips Lighting, we are looking for agile and innovative thinkers to help us to connect with our customers in new, creative and innovative ways. The lighting industry is in full transformation. Conventional light sources are rapidly replaced with electronic light sources (LED) and this has enabled the use of digital technology to connect and control lighting and increase functionality in a way that was never possible before.
The speed of innovation has increased dramatically and the scope has expanded to electronics (hardware), software, communications and information technology, systems engineering and data analytics to provide complex "connected light" services for both consumer and business users.
Philips Lighting is poised to be one of the top global players in the Connected Light space, both in consumer products (Internet of Things - IoT) and professional lighting services. The company - already a top-class technology multi-national - is rapidly transforming from global leader of LED Lighting to the leader of connected and digital lighting. We are transforming lighting solutions into new concepts that connect people, places, and devices in a whole new way. Our products and systems are built for world-class light quality, energy management, information management, lighting experience, safety and value creation for homes, cities, offices, industry buildings, retail chains, hotels etc.
One of the most critical prerequisites for our success is ensuring security of our products and related information end-to-end, let those be connected field devices and gateways, services, cloud components, and applications.
If you are an experienced and driven individual looking for an opportunity to work in the cutting-edge of the lighting industry, become part of a high-energy, high-talent team of seasoned security experts, and make a strong impact on the transformation of a global leading company and the industry, we want to talk to you about joining our team!
- Primarily responsible for the security aspects of applications serving Lighting's line of product portfolio throughout their full lifecycle
- Design audit-proof security architecture for applications creation and management
- Define the minimum requirements on application security, including writing of secure code during development and security of web applications
- Assure that defined security requirements and controls in software and application development are followed throughout the whole company, including third party application developers
- Define requirements and lead activities in applications security assurance, security review and vulnerability assessment processes prior and after the launch of any Philips Lighting products (including services), as well product related information processing activities (internal and/or outsourced)
- Maintain a direct link with internal and external contributors to products application security
- As subject matter expert, provide guidance and consultancy for internal products development teams on the subject of application security (SSDL)
- Define procedures and practices to be adopted by the relevant departments that would allow them to identify what is standard behavior and what is anomaly in order to early detect vulnerabilities
- Advise and participate in security incidents/events investigation related to application weakness
- Provide technical expertise and oversight of security tool deployment and implementation
- Monitor the market for new technologies, methods and techniques that can help the cyber-attack readiness of the company. Make timely and risk based proposal for improvement actions
- Represent Philips Lighting's interest in Application security related standardization bodies, security conferences
- Develop and provide documentation, metrics and reports on a regular basis to meet management, compliance or audit needs. Advise and update the Product Security Officer on key performance indicators
- Lead and contribute practically in key projects, ensuring their compatibility with the strategic direction
You will report directly to the Product Security Officer in the Corporate Security Office of Lighting. Corporate Security covers all security aspects to provide standardized solutions through centralized knowledge and expertise. The department synchronizes, coordinates, instructs and controls, globally between different business units and Philips Lighting service providers to reduce the risks to an acceptable level.
Your team will focus on the product security engineering, architecture, planning and vulnerability assessments as center of excellence addressing the full ecosystem of Lighting's product range. As the 2nd layer of defense, the team defines minimum security requirements and provides assurance for product security.
Amsterdam or Eindhoven, The Netherlands
We offer you to work in a global brand, world-leading multinational. We will support your personal and professional development. This is a leadership position that carries with it a highly competitive salary and benefits package. International travel expected 10-20% of the time.
We are looking for a candidate who is/has
- A hands-on, experienced security professional having at least 5+ years proven track record in Application security of products /System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience as Application Security Architect (mandatory)
- Experience in writing application security requirements for development teams
- Practical experience with Web application vulnerability assessment, including tools and practices.
- Experience with Secure Coding Practices, Security Code Testing and Review
- Experience in vulnerability, risk and incident management
- Knowledge of cloud computing with implementation of methodologies, tools, and technologies in the field of web application security
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of relevant compliance requirements
- Certified in Application Penetration Testing is a plus
- CISSP or similar certification in information security is a plus.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Innovate boldly, generate quick results and adopt new things easily
- Think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Establish relationship beyond transactional partnership
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to coordinate effectively across organizations
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here.
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top