Application Engineering & Design-In Team Leader North America (NA), LED Electronics
Job TitleApplication Engineering & Design-In Team Leader North America (NA), LED Electronics
We challenge you to take an active role in providing leadership to the NA team to drive the design-in projects intake and execution and to provide appropriate application engineering support to speed up Customer adoption of our LED Electronics components in North America.
Lead and manage the Application Engineering (AE) & Design-in (DI) team in North America which is focused on supporting LED Electronics Products, Systems, and Services. (LED drivers, LED modules, sensors, Smart drivers and Connected Lighting Systems). Following are the key activities of the role:
- Manage and help in the execution of the design-in projects pipeline (project execution) with the markets and the business and meet the required metrics of time, quality etc.
Design-in Projects typically involve working with an OEM Customer (Luminaire manufacturer) to help use/adopt our LED electronics components in their Luminaire.
- Work closely with R&D, Product Management, Quality, etc. to provide key input on specification and application requirements, and help evaluate the new products being developed for the NA market. Help in the execution of appropriate Market Introduction Plans (MIP) such as conducting design in reviews, reviewing datasheets, sampling new products to customers, creating design in guides and design-in tools etc.
- Take care of implementation of trial installations (beta-sites) involving new products and provide feedback to the development team.
- Manage the resources including budget and performance appraisals. Adapt/develop the competences (knowledge and expertise) of the team in line with the mid to long term strategy.
- Ensure people on team are regularly trained, coached, motivated, developed and challenged to be fully engaged to drive business growth and to continuously improve performance to higher levels.
- Provide Application Engineering support and take care of the technical support needed for setting up Customer demonstrations and for making relevant presentations.
- Align with other regions (Europe, Asia-Pacific etc.) for continuous improvement and implementation of global processes and services for Design-In & AE.
- Ensure that learnings and insights from the DI & AE Services are fed back into the new product roadmaps.
- As a key member of the local R&D Management Team, help shape the department's objectives, policies, processes and budgets on short and long term, to ensure realization of business goals.
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces.
For more information, visit http://www.usa.lighting.philips.com/home
We are looking for:
- Masters' degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience after Master's degree, preferably in the Lighting area
- Experience in leading a pre/post sales engineering support team
- Experience in product development and application support areas
- Knowledge and experience with products and systems featuring both hardware and software
- Experience in Electronics thermal design is considered a plus
- Knowledge of US Lighting standards and experience with LED Lighting and Controls Products is considered a plus
- Experience with short Product life cycle business is considered a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and proficient delivery of presentations
- Project management skills (setting up and follow up of a plan)
- Ability to work directly with customers and commercial teams
- Ability to coach and motivate a team
- Ability to multitask, manage stakeholders and deliver on time
- Willingness to learn
- Willingness to travel (10-20% mainly regional)
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here. Apply today!
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community. #LI-LB1
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top