Application and Design-In Team Leader NA
Job TitleApplication and Design-In Team Leader NA
We challenge you to take an active role in providing leadership to the NA team to drive the design-in projects intake and execution and to provide appropriate application engineering support to speed up customer adoption of our LED Electronics components in North America.
Daily management of the Applications & Design-in team North America:
- Implementation of the processes and services
- Manages and helps the second line application support
- Manages and helps in the execution of the design in pipeline (project execution) with the markets and the business
- Manages and helps the MIP actions for the NAM-market. (design in review, datasheets, sampling, DIGs, EDIT, …)
- Takes care of implementation of trial installations, in order to get it working and to get the maximum information for evaluation by the development team.
- Coordination with other parts of the R&D department and with other departments (Product Management, Quality…)
- Manages the Applications & Design in budget for NAM. Prepares input for AOP.
- Monthly reporting of the team's performance to the Global Application & Design in Program Manager. Local landlord is R&D Site Leader.
- Competence management for AE & DI (TOME + software)
- Develops and maintains a long term view on the required competences and knowledge to introduce new services. Ensures that there are adequate resources and tools at the proper time, is responsible for the service platforms in the team, and is responsible for maintaining and improving the department's knowledge and expertise.
- Supervises, hires and fires, selects, develops, coaches and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Bring team to higher level on competency and customer interaction
- Performs performance reviews of the team
- Takes care of the technical support for demonstrations and presentations
- Keeps in close contact with the product development group, in order to increase/maintain the application knowledge and be timely informed about new developments.
- Ensures an engaged, innovative, and inspiring working environment in the department by motivating, challenging, and coaching the department's employees towards growth, manages and optimizes the innovative climate, stimulating entrepreneurship and driving engagement
- Make alignment with other regions (DI program Manager in the lead) for improvement and implementation of Global processes
- Initiate improvement projects within the DI&AE-service (globally aligned)
- Responsible for 3rd party supplier contacts linked to the DI&AE-service
- Ensures that learning's and insights from the service are fed back into the new product roadmap. (in cooperation with the regional Product Managers)
- Is a member of the Development Management Team and determines, in consultation with the Management Team, the department's objectives, policies, processes and budgets on short and long term, makes sure that the organization can meet the objectives and ensures that the roles and responsibilities are put in place.
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. For more information, visit http://www.usa.lighting.philips.com/home
We are looking for a Team Leader who is also "hands on" with:
- Masters' degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience after Master's degree
- Experience in leading a pre/post sales engineering support team
- Experience in product development and application support areas
- Experience in Electronics Thermal design is considered a plus
- Knowledge of US Lighting standards and experience with LED Lighting and Controls Products is considered a plus
- Knowledge and experience with software functions is considered a plus
- Experience with short Product life cycle business is considered a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and proficient delivery of presentations
- Project management skills (setting up and follow up of a plan)
- Ability to work directly with customers and commercial teams
- Ability to coach and motivate a team
- Ability to multitask, manage stakeholder and deliver on time
- Willingness to learn
- Willingness to travel (10-20% mainly regional)
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here. Apply today!
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community. #LI-LB1
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top