Accounting Controller Statutory and Tax Accountant - North America
Job TitleAccounting Controller Statutory and Tax Accountant - North America
At Philips, we are looking for agile and innovative thinkers to help us to connect with our customers in new, creative and innovative ways. The lighting industry is in full transformation. Conventional light sources are rapidly replaced with electronic light sources (LED) and this has enabled the use of digital technology to connect and control lighting and increase functionality in a way that was never possible before. The innovation speed has increased dramatically and the scope has expanded to electronics, software, communications and information technology, systems engineering and data analytics for services.
Position assists the reginal statutory accounting manager in the statutory financial reporting function in the US. This includes
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements with supporting footnotes under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for Philips Lighting which has approximately $3 billion in sales.
- Preparation and assisting of filling various quarterly and annual government reports.
- Designs & adjusts statutory processes, procedures, document flow & controls. Supports statutory audits. Fulfills requests from regulatory & tax authorities.
- Works on various initiatives on behalf of Corporate Control. Monitors the quality of certain financial information reported by business organizations.
- Need to be able to utilize the SAP's consolidation system (which is maintained by the Senior/Staff), along with other Corporate financial reporting systems, keeping abreast of changes in IFRS accounting pronouncements and use of strong analytical skills are also necessary to meet the objectives of this position.
Philips Lighting is the global market leader in the lighting industry, with recognized expertise in the development, manufacturing and application of innovative lighting solutions. We offer our expertise, depth and reach across the entire lighting value chain to improve and simplify the work of our professional partners wherever our knowledge and reach can create value for them. From LED light sources to the increased role of controls to all-inclusive tailor-made solutions our approach is to observe and listen to people—our customers, consumers and stakeholders- to ensure that what we do every day addresses their real needs and aspirations in life. Together with architects, lighting designers, city planners, public authorities, and even with consumers in their homes, Philips Lighting seeks to simply enhance people's lives with light.
- This position requires a bachelor's degree in accounting
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and business controls
- Eight or more years of related professional experience is required
- A minimum of three years of large corporation (preferably international), national public accounting experience, or a combination thereof is preferred
- CPA certification is desired
- Big 4 experience is a plus
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment. Excellent writing and public speaking skills needed
- Good knowledge of accounting systems (preferably SAP), Excel and Word
- Access knowledge is a plus
- Strong human relations skills required to communicate and influence department managers and others where there is no direct hierarchical relationship (would have one direct report)
- Must interact with management on various assignments.
- Must be able to manage both short and long term requirements in an extremely deadline oriented environment
- Travel is minimal (10% or less)
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here.
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top