Accounting Controller Latam - Panamá
Job TitleAccounting Controller Latam - Panamá
The Accounting Controller will be the first line of defense in Accounting Operation in a growing financial Hub for Philips Latin America, covering one or more organizational units for Philips Lighting. He/ she will be part of a dynamic and multicultural team located in Panama City, Panama. .
- This role is a Senior Manager role internally and will be sit in Panama City.
- Represent AccOps (Accounting Operations) / RtR (Record to Report/R2R) for local organizations, being the linking pin with the other pillars of the Finance organization (e.g. FP&A / Business Partner/ Treasury).
- Participates in the monthly financial closing process, and is accountable for the integrity of the financial statements, including supporting activities such as GL account reconciliations; will co-sign the Balance Sheet and P&L with the controller.
- Accountable for the effectiveness of internal control system, working with the other areas of the company and third party suppliers.
- Manages the Accounting processes, assuring that policies and process directives are adhered to and actively drives continuous improvement.
- Monitor that all balances are correctly held and that adequate reconciliations are available with appropriate documentation.
- He/ she will approve the balance sheet account reconciliation (BSAR) of their assigned organizations to ensure in time completion & quality of these.
- Leads local interactions with external and internal auditors, managing all internal and external teams to guarantee successful completion of internal & external audit activities.
- Initiates, drives and supports process improvements by innovation and harmonization in order to increase efficiency and reduce costs. Leads improvement projects.
- You will be part of a Financial Segment Hub providing Accounting services to Latin America.
- This role will report to the Record to Report Lead Latin America.
- Will have a direct relationship with the Business Partner (controller) requiring collaboration, negotiation and communication skills.
- May indirect manage one or more Accounting Analyst(s) and third party supplier Infosys relationship, depending on the scope defined, requiring strong management skills.
We are looking for:
- Accounting formal education, superior level degree (CPA or alike preferred)
- Strong and formal IFRS knowledge
- 8+ years of progressive (and practical) work experience in finance or accounting
- Fluent English required, Spanish and/or Portuguese is a plus.
- Strong Excel skills and SAP or any other ERP knowledge preferred.
- Having audit or consulting experience from "Big 4" firms and have led audit teams.
- Business acumen, developed through experience
- Change agent and leadership skills; adept at implementation of change through effective communication; strong inter-personal/communication skills
- Ability to present to and make recommendations to senior leadership/executives
- Project management experience is a strong plus
- Progressive experience in business management roles
- Strong experience with cross functional teams, whether through direct reporting lines or cross functional collaborations.
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. For more information, visit us online.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here. Apply today!
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top