Wireless System & Device SW/HW Test Engineer
Job TitleWireless System & Device SW/HW Test Engineer
System & Device SW/HW Test Engineer
A solid all round System Test engineer with deep hands on experience with hardware/software products in wireless network systems, good understanding of hardware design applied to wireless technologies and unit testing. Good understanding of RF technology integration into complex multi-function wearable products. Must have the ability to develop comprehensive test plans from application & system specification, covering product level to system level testing, and manage their execution or implementation tests as appropriate for wireless systems operating on industry standard network LAN and Wireless LAN. Experience with test automation techniques in a development engineering environment, with a goal for improved product quality and improved efficiency of the development engineering process. Software programming skills applied to automation testing. Apply strong creativity in the dimensions of testing techniques to uncover product and system weakness, ability to effectively stress devices in complex networking environments.
The solution consists of patient worn medical monitor products supporting a variety of wireless technologies from proprietary wireless based on DECT technology, 802.11 WLAN, short range wireless via Zigbee, Bluetooth & NFC and Philips IntelliVue Information center.
Qualifying knowledge in the following areas are highly desirable:
- Good understanding in the clinical field of patient worn monitors to develop solid unit test protocols
- Strong Technical knowledge with excellent Analytical skills applied to hardware & software product functional analysis and quality assessment.
- Ability to understand hardware design integrated with software operating in Linux environment
- Knowledge of RF testing techniques for digital packet radio operating from 1.4GHz to 5.8GHz with underlying GMSK in a TDMA proprietary DECT based system, and 802.11 WLAN technologies.
- Good understanding of wireless technologies including 802.11 WLAN.
- Capable of developing test plans, executing tests and documenting results.
- Excellent problem solving skills to help tackle wireless networking problems, included wired network interaction (layer 2 and layer 3 networks).
- Knowledge of digital design, software (C++) is a plus
- Experience in implementing automated tests with scripting languages (such as Python)
- Knowledge of networking with emphasis on wireless networks
- Understanding of network LAN technologies (Cisco switches & routers, etc.)
Develop and execute test strategy & plans for application is a must
Develop and execute test strategy & plans for product operating on wireless systems from 1.4GHz to 5.8GHz integrated into networked system (layer 2 and layer 3 networks).
2) System and Product testing, for early identification of issues, working directly with hardware &
software development engineers to help drive for new solutions.
3) Develop test automation from product level to network system level, Python scripting or other
software capabilities to support test automation.
4) Troubleshoot complex wireless systems, TDMA system and Devices on 802.11 WLAN System.
5) Troubleshoot Product problems as they arise from R&D Lab tests and working with design engineers.
6) Leading a team of supporting contractor or intern resources for helping in executing tests
Other Necessary Skill Required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, Good PC skills in windows environment
- Test Automation, knowledge of scripting languages (such as Python), software C++ is a plus
- Use of network traffic analysis tools (Wireless & Wired) to support product network analysis
- Ability to work in a highly multiplexed team with independence, willing to accept multiple tasks supporting design engineers. A strong hands on individual.
- Some RF design knowledge for digital packet radio is a plus
- Strong Teamwork and good communication skills
- Ability to work with independence
- Committed to high quality solutions
- Design experience either hardware or software product area is a plus
- Experience in the medical device industry is a plus but not necessary
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top