V&V Software Engineer
Job TitleV&V Software Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be responsible for analyzing and verifying product requirements and designs and testing the products at various levels to ensure that the products meet the requirements and intended use.
You are responsible for
- Analyzing product and sub-system requirements.
- Analyzing and verifying medical device designs.
- Writing detailed test procedures that evaluate medical devices and systems against documented mechanical, electrical and software requirements.
- Conducting statistical analysis of test results.
- Maintaining and controlling test execution records using good lab practices.
- Technical writing, including development of test reports.
- Ability to learn new technologies and gain an understanding of system architectures.
- Automating tests where applicable
- Works with system level, multi-disciplined engineering projects.
- Requires limited direction
- Possesses the ability to analyze requirements and develop a risk-based approach to testing.
- Makes risk-based decisions, balancing business and compliance issues.
- Plans and manages assignments; may direct other engineers.
- Communicates at all levels of the organization.
- Possesses the ability to work independently and in a teaming environment.
- Has good problem-solving methods and skills.
- Works as a member of a distributed scrum team.
You are a part of
At Philips we are passionate about improving quality of life with solutions designed around the needs of customers and their patients. Innovation is driven by gaining insight to the needs of the people who use our sleep and respiratory solutions. This tradition of innovation, combined with our ability to anticipate market needs, has made Philips a global leader in the markets we serve.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS in Engineering, Computer, or other Science discipline, or equivalent.
- 8+ years with BS and 5+ years with MS.
- Systems engineering and testing software systems.
- Experience performing verification and validation activities in a regulated environment.
- Test automation and management tools, such as Visual Studio, ALM.
- Disciplined, regulated industries, medical device experience preferred, including FDA's 21 CFR 820/ISO 13485 experience.
- Software development using ISO 62304.
- Risk Management using IEC 14971 and IEC 60601 or equivalent.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top