In this role you will have the opportunity to work under direct supervision of the V&V Lead to evaluate design specifications and design changes for medical device software. This position also produces and executes (or directs execution of) test procedures and reports the results.
You are responsible for
- Learn from and adhere to internal quality manual (Quality System Procedures, Work Instructions, and Forms).
- Perform manual and automated testing of medical devices with embedded software. Testing includes but is not limited to:
- Testing via the device User interface
- Remote testing via wired communication interfaces
- Remote testing via wireless communication interfaces
- Peripheral (SD Card, external measurement, etc.) functionality testing via SD Card, wired, and wireless interfaces
- Perform manual and automated testing of software only medical devices (iOS apps, web apps, etc.)
- Perform Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Review code for logic errors, proper coding conventions, best practices, etc., and provide feedback
- Quickly learn to use automated test tools and specialty test equipment; develop and validate automated test scripts.
- Log defects and issues found during V&V activities and track to closure.
- Prioritize project tasks to complete on schedule while maintaining quality of work.
- Work in a team environment; peer review work.
- Provide weekly project status reports.
- Develop test plans, test procedures, trace matrices, and test reports.
- Perform regression analysis and determine testing associated with design changes.
- Work closely with Design Quality Engineer to identify safety related units in software
You are part of
This position resides in the Sleep & Respiratory Care Business Group, a business group of Philips HealthTech.
Our vision is to work hand-in-hand with our clinical and consumer customers to transform the personalized healthcare market to meet the significant demands caused by the increase of chronic conditions and an aging society. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for consumers and patients through better awareness, diagnosis, treatment, monitoring, and management of their conditions.
Skills and experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of professional experience.
- Experience with software V&V of embedded devices preferred
- Basic understanding of global medical device regulations, requirements, and standards preferred.
- Preferred Software - C/C++, MS Office, Test Director/ALM, DOORs, Code Collaborator, VSS, SVN
We offer you
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what's next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top