Verification Engineer ( Hardware/Mechanical)
Job TitleVerification Engineer ( Hardware/Mechanical)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Join us as a Hardware, Validation and Verification engineer ( ME) in designing the life-saving equipment needed to increase sudden cardiac arrest survival rates from the unnecessarily low 8% nationally to rates of over 60% survival like King County, WA. We work in a place where survivors come and thank us for doing our jobs.
You are responsible for
- Supporting product verification through development, manufacturing and into continuation providing technical support and leadership on a cross-functional team
- Define, document, and continuously improve verification tests including conducting peer reviews and maintaining traceability to requirements
- Perform verification tests and conduct analysis of the test results to ensure complete verification of the requirements
- Identifying, analyzing, owning and driving technical issues to resolution
- Participate in reviews of requirements, design documents, and test related artifacts
- Mentor, coach, and provide work direction to other engineers, technicians and interns
- Proactively own and drive process improvements
- Perform work with little to no supervision as department subject-matter expert
You are a part of
Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) Verification and Validation team to support both new product development and sustaining. An AED requires small signal processing for ECG analysis, high energy electronics to deliver the life-saving shock, and digital electronics to control it all. The development test equipment design is equally broad and challenging.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Minimum 7 years' industry experience in product development environment required with a Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years' industry experience in product development environment required with a Masters in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience desired in a medical device or other regulated industry
- Statistical Analysis experience if preferred
- Working with Standards like 13485, 14971, 62304 is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Proven ability to perform problem solving and troubleshooting required
- Strong attention to detail required
- Proficiency in using typical lab equipment (e.g. oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, voltmeters, etc.) required
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work with minimal guidance to make decisions and report progress required
- Demonstrated leadership role in test and issue ownership including ability to provide guidance and direction to less experienced technical personnel required
- Experience with requirements management, configuration management, issue tracking tools, etc. required
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment
In return, we offer you
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video
Why should you join Philips?
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top