Validation and Verification Engineer, Philips Healthcare, (Fitchburg, WI)
Job TitleValidation and Verification Engineer, Philips Healthcare, (Fitchburg, WI)
Validation and Verification Engineer / Software Quality Assurance Engineer, Philips HealthTech, (Fitchburg, WI)
Individuals in this position ensure the quality of software through application of standard software quality assurance and verification practices and adherence to the Philips Quality System and product development process. The ideal candidate will have experience with the development of automated testing for software products along with computer system platform verification testing experience. Experience with treatment planning systems or other clinical or clinical instrumentation experience (development, support, or use) is also desirable.
- Developing a broad understanding of the product and its clinical application and use cases in order to develop test strategy and associated protocols,
- Execution of verification and validation: participation in verification test execution, planning and monitoring execution, compilation and analysis of results and submission of defects,
- Development of test automation and participation in the overall development of the automated test environment and related resources,
- Participation in verification and/or validation effort planning with considerations for test development, test resources, test execution, site selection, and logistics related to external and internal validation efforts,
- Maintaining test traceability to requirements,
- Providing feedback on requirements definition,
- Working closely with developers and clinical application experts to define test strategies,
- Participation in the development and execution of integration testing,
- Participation in cross-functional project teams with ownership for related project documentation (e.g. plans, protocols, reports, review records).
- Degree (BS/MS) in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics field – for example, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Medical Physics, Dosimetry, etc.
- Experience or exposure to software, script, and/or automated testing development
- Exposure to testing in the context of Agile and/or SAFe development environments
- Exposure to system validation and/or verification and product development
- Proficiency with office automation software (Word, Excel, Project, etc.)
- Strong written, oral, & interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work and contribute in a team environment
- Some travel related to industry events and clinical site interaction may be required (<10%, potentially higher during external validation execution).
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what's next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top