In this role, you have the opportunity to
Utilize usability research and analysis methods to provide actionable insights to verify the usability aspects of products and drive future design improvements.
You are responsible for
- Planning and coordinating verification studies to gather data to support ISO and IEC standards Usability claims.
- Working with Software Developer and System Architects to understand the usability features and provide feedback from clinical studies. Responsibilities include developing usability test plans, conducting tests, test analysis and reporting of the results. This position does not involve any design or programming.
- Planning and managing usability studies, analyze data, and document evaluation methods and results.
- Analyzing risk assessment results develop and execute usability study for clinical evaluation. .
- Maintaining and developing knowledge and understanding of different usability testing methodologies and data analysis techniques.
- Knowledgeable in regulatory and industry requirements for Human Factors activities.
You are a part of
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Experience with Usability research tools and methods (especially user-centered design processes), and involvement in running a variety of tests.
- Comfortable interviewing and observing people in many different situations and also putting them at ease.
- Creative thinker with strong people interaction and facilitation skills.
- Solid organization, project management and planning skills with web application implementations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability and desire to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment
- Self-starter who is comfortable with minimal day-to-day guidance and independently managing deadlines.
- Exhibit strong problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills with the ability to make sound recommendations and decisions based on observed user behavior and prior experience.
- BA/BS in behavioral science or closely related discipline. Qualifying fields include but are not limited to: Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology (Cognitive or Experimental), Interface Design, or Computer Science.
- Some experience in Human Factors as a Usability Analyst or Usability Support Analyst or similar role in a professional environment
To advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top