UNIX, Storage Administrator
Job TitleUNIX, Storage Administrator
UNIX Storage Administrator
UNIX, Storage Administrator shall ensure the proper operation of company systems, processes and/or assets. Maintain IT environment by identifying requirements and implementing processes to monitoring performance, ensuring the achievement of all SLAs, process requests for changes, ensure organization standards are followed in relations to his/her UNIX and storage duties.
The UNIX, Storage Administrator, shall:
- Execute intermediate to complex processes and system updates for the specialty area
- Install, configure and ensure the maintenance of processes and/or systems related to environments such as Oracle, Redhat Linux/Solaris
- Evaluate system and process performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency
- Lead the control of access rights, security settings and user privileges alignment with enterprise standards
- Conduct briefings and demonstrations for users to enhance process and/or system productivity
- Research new technologies and/or monitor and evaluate existing technology for improvement opportunities to support process/ technology life cycle
- Troubleshoot and resolve all problems encountered with process or system
- Ensure the successful planning and implementation for all upgrades or new additions to the IT process or system
- Perform intermediate to complex IT environment monitoring and performance benchmarking.
- Prepare expenditure proposals and/or cost justification analysis
- Provide support to the IT team and cross functional project teams
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical or quantitative degree (e.g. mathematics) required combined with at least 5-10 years of experience in applicable technical area
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications
- Strong UNIX/Linux administration skills
- Strong experience with storage systems from EMC
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
- Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
- Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals
- Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations for the IT environment
- Attain or retain specific certifications related to job function (i.e. EMC, RedHat)
- Knowledge about system installation and disaster recovery procedures
- Computer Science, MIS and/or other related field, preferred
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top