Ultrasound Systems Engineer
- Bothell, WA
Ultrasound Systems Engineer
Job Posting Description
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Play a leadership role in the design/development of our next generation General Imaging (GI) Ultrasound products that are helping to save lives around the world.
You are responsible for:
- Applying acoustic wave propagation and signal processing theory to the design and specification of new imaging algorithms and imaging sub-systems.
- Leading development and implementation of new ultrasound imaging capabilities, including development plans, algorithm design, integration strategy, and SW implementation.
- Participate in the design, development, and integration of new ultrasound systems and transducers.
- Tune diagnostic ultrasound systems for optimum image quality on a range of transducers and imaging features. Also, work closely with customers to understand their needs and evaluation of new designs.
- Apply deep learning and AI techniques to improve ultrasound-imaging performance. Research network architecture and training methods optimal for specific clinical application and customer needs. Develop data augmentation methods based on ultrasound physics and imaging artifacts.
- Develop and participate in ultrasound feasibility and research projects, especially using deep learning and AI techniques to enhance ultrasound image clarity, increase frame rate and/or reduce computational complexity.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Product Management organizations to define new feature requirements to meet specific clinical applications and market needs.
- Help translate marketing/customer requirements into engineering specifications.
You are a part of:
Our talented General Imaging (GI) Ultrasound team, where you will have the exciting opportunity to work with the best engineers and technology in Diagnostic Ultrasound Imaging.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of MS in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science. (PhD preferred)
- Minimum of 3+ years' experience in ultrasound research and/or product development.
- Experience with ultrasound beam-forming, antenna design/modeling, optimal acquisition design, signal and image processing.
- Experience in Clinical Science/Research and translational research, including scientific publications- desired.
- AI & Deep learning research experience- desired.
- Python, C++, and Matlab programming languages-desired
In return, we offer you:
An exciting opportunity to design/develop technology that is helping to save lives, improve patient outcomes and reduce the cost of medicine across the globe. The technology is a cornerstone in the Philips Healthcare portfolio and is a key differentiator of Philips Ultrasound from our competitors. As an international organization, Philips is well placed to offer a broad range of technical and leadership opportunities in various organizations throughout the world.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It is a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it is like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top