Ultrasound Systems Design Engineer
Job TitleUltrasound Systems Design Engineer
We are looking for an Ultrasound System Design Engineer to play a leadership role in creating our next generation of ultrasound products.
- Apply acoustic wave propagation and signal processing theory to the design and specification of new imaging algorithms and imaging sub-systems.
- Lead development and implementation of new ultrasound imaging capabilities, including development plans, algorithm design, integration strategy, and SW implementation.
- Participate in the design, development, and integration of new ultrasound systems and transducers.
- Develop and participate in ultrasound feasibility and research projects
- Tune diagnostic ultrasound systems for optimum image quality on a range of transducers and imaging features.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Product Management organizations to define new feature requirements to meet specific clinical applications and market needs
The Ultrasound System Design Engineer will be working in our Ultrasound group within Philips Healthcare, located at our Bothell, WA facility. As part of Philips ultrasound, you will have the opportunity to work with the best engineers in medical ultrasound and be part of a high functioning team. You will be making a positive difference each and every day by developing ultrasound products that are helping to save lives all around the world.
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
We are looking for
- BS, MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science.
- 3-5 years' experience in ultrasound research and/or product development.
- C++, and Matlab programming languages.
- Experience with ultrasound beamforming, antenna design and modeling, optimal acquisition design, signal and image processing, clinical science, and translational research is desired.
- Ultrasound research experience including scientific publications is desired.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top