Job TitleTransportation Specialist
In this role, you have the opportunity to be part of our Global transportation management team that takes care of the transport infrastructure to ensure that all Philips product will reach the customers within the contractual agreed lead times, at the most cost effective service, un-damaged and at the correct destination. The role of the Transport Specialist will be responsible for the global shipments for Philips HealthTech.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage the SC end-to-end in terms of transportation planning & execution,
- Proactive daily monitoring of all shipments,
- In case of missed mile stones, tracking of the shipment and drive the corrective actions to ensure recovery of shipment and a timely delivery,
- Optimize operations across the regions securing capacity leverage with carriers/freight, forwarders including service provider lane allocation,
- Control and driving cost optimization initiatives,
- Ensure timely cargo visibility,
- Implement and drive global logistics processes standardization,
- Proactive communication with BG' , Markets SC personal and Service Providers
- Shipment coordination: manage shipment planning coordination and in-transit activities
- Update of aCreate and maintain visibility reporting (KPI) to inform the various sites and internal stakeholders
- Maintain the relevant Master Data in the applicable SAP / TMS systems (weight & dimensions, pickup and delivery addresses),
- Perform / support training to vendors, sites and third party shippers, carriers, Freight Forwarders,
- Set-up business analytics to support improvements, project support and tender management,
- Ensure measurement of carrier performance according to contract/agreed SLA,
- Conduct LMP/ LSP scorecard reviews in conjunction with F&D,
- Identify, Define, and manage corrective actions, including recommendations for potential LSP/LMP changes,
- Identify & support continuous improvement initiatives and manage claims process centrally,
- Ensure correct transport documentation is systematically embedded in TMS to facilitate smooth
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain with focus on Logistics/Transportation
- 2-5 years' experience in the transport world; either as shipper or as carrier or Freight Forwarder
- Expert level in MS office applications, SAP and TMS knowledge
- Ability to communicate in English is a Must and a 2nd language proficiency in Japanese / Chinese will be a plus
- Good interpersonal skills and a excellent team player
- Independent and ability to multitask
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top