Job TitleTrainee Marketing
As a trainee you will join a 2-year program, in which you will be fulfilling 2 or 3 challenging assignments in different departments and sectors within Philips. For some of our Trainees it is even an option to work abroad. The Traineeship focusses on ‘learning on the job’, mentoring and training. Benefit from ample opportunities to learn and share with other Philips trainees and employees, while expanding your business network. After two years of accelerated learning and gaining valuable experience you are in the driver seat of your career. You will get the chance to use the network you have built to find the perfect next step in your Philips career.
We have several assignments (location Eindhoven or Amsterdam) available at Philips Health Systems and Personal Care. Within the Marketing trainee positions, each assignment has a specific focus.
- Healthcare IT Business; You are responsible for co-developing and executing (parts of) a marketing plan, pricing and positioning, as well as aligning channel and promotion strategies with colleague product managers and field marketing representatives in the markets. You support new product introductions, and/or develop associated (digital) marketing initiatives and campaigns.
- ICAP ( provides clinical foundation and rich applications for advanced analysis for the Healthcare IT and Diagnostic Imaging Divisions); in this role you will learn basic Marketing disciplines, learning also the Philips approach to development and launch of commercial products, how to position in both Global Markets as well as differentiating Business Models.
- Refurbished systems ( trading in, refurbishing and remarketing Philips imaging products); explore the customer decision journey in the Healthcare industry, creating a go-to-market strategy within the Business Market combinations. Perform competitive benchmarking both in our industry as other leading approaches.
- Personal Care; work on product development projects for new features, develop detailed product specifications for product upgrades. You will support product management by gathering specific information and preparation of product introduction material. Work on swot analysis.
- HR Health Management; develop a Health Management vision for the Benelux, based on the global design. Create a Benelux –wide activation and communication plan with project team and involvement of key stakeholders. In this role you will have exposure to senior management, you will learn how to translate our company brand promise internally.
- Personal Health ( Male grooming); as a consumer marketing manager you will be responsible for one IPD within a specific article group. Next to this you will also have some other cross team responsibilities like commercial innovation development.
We are looking for
To be successful in this program you are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, eager and ambitious. Are you the one we are looking for? You can apply for the traineeship if you:
- have recently graduated or will graduate latest August 2017 with a Master’s Degree in the directions of Marketing, Business Administration, Economics or studies in which technology and business are combined (i.e. Innovation Management, Industrial Engineering, Design, Digital). You have less than 1 year of work experience straight after your graduation;
- have excellent inter-personal and communication skills, so you can persuade colleagues at all ranks in the organization;
- have international experience or an international mindset and the ability to use internal and external resources to maximize the value for the company and its customers;
- speak and write fluent English.
We offer you a unique and challenging trainee program and the opportunity to:
- work for an employer whose activities have a major impact on people all over the world;
- discover how you can actively contribute to innovations that matter;
- launch and steer your career in an environment with an astonishing diversity of nationalities, skills and backgrounds;
- learn about different parts of the organization;
- strengthen your capabilities and knowledge;
- build a great international network.
As a trainee you will receive a contract for the period of 3 years, with excellent labor conditions.
When you are interested to join the Philips’ traineeship, please apply online latest 31st of January 2017.
- upload your CV, motivation and grade list;
- if you pass the pre-selection round you will be asked to make an online ability test beginning of February;
- if you achieve the required score on this test, you will be invited for the Selection Days in the Netherlands, Eindhoven (7th or 9th of March 2017);
- the most suitable candidates will be invited to the Traineeship Business Challenge Event in the Netherlands, to be scheduled on 30&31st of March and 3rd&4th of April 2017 (you will attend one of these Business Challenges, depending on the functional area). During the event you will spend 1.5 day with similar minded graduates, working on a range of highly challenging exercises in a number of business-related scenarios. This is the final step in the traineeship selection process.
When you successfully complete the selection process you are able to start between the 1st of May and September 2017 in your first assignment which are especially created for this program.
When you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please contact Stefanie Ronde (Talent Acquisition Consultant) via +31(0)6-21142022.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top