Job TitleTrainee Finance
As a trainee you will join a 2-year program, in which you will be fulfilling 2 or 3 challenging assignments in different departments and sectors within Philips. For some of our Trainees it is even an option to work abroad. The Traineeship focusses on ‘learning on the job’, mentoring and training. Benefit from ample opportunities to learn and share with other Philips trainees and employees, while expanding your business network. After two years of accelerated learning and gaining valuable experience you are in the driver seat of your career. You will get the chance to use the network you have built to find the perfect next step in your Philips career.
We have several assignments (location Eindhoven or Amsterdam) available at Philips Healthcare. Within the Finance trainee positions, each assignment has a specific focus.
- Financial planning and analysis; The team comprises of talented finance professionals with a strong customer focus – proven with great customer net promotor score. Main stakeholders include Market Business Partners, Business Group Finance partners, PH senior management and Markets Group management. You will work on real time online reporting, provide early warnings based on internal and external data, and give dedicated support on key commercial processes.
- Finance Market Africa; be a part of an international team, working with Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, and Business Management. You will report to the HealthSystems Controller for the Africa Market. Your activities are based in Amsterdam and Eindhoven. Next to a lot of business interaction and involvement you will also manage several improvement projects to further develop your leadership skills. Via the Team, coaching and development is high on the radar, and you will able to visit the Africa Market for your projects and business interaction in Johannesburg.
- Accounting Operations Transformation; you will be challenged to support a highly versatile and virtual team driving global transformation projects E2E within Philips Accounting Operations Transformation. The Transformation is a global team located in approx. 10 countries around the world responsible to define and implement finance transformation projects to improve operational performance. These projects can be local projects in the Netherlands but also projects offshore in all markets around the world requiring you to be a true global enthusiast.
We are looking for
To be successful in this program you are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, eager and ambitious. Are you the one we are looking for? You can apply for the traineeship if you:
- have recently graduated or will graduate latest August 2017 with a Master’s Degree in the directions of Business Administration, Business economics, Finance or Accounting. You have less than 1 year of work experience straight after your graduation;
- have excellent inter-personal and communication skills, so you can persuade colleagues at all ranks in the organization;
- have international experience or an international mindset and the ability to use internal and external resources to maximize the value for the company and its customers;
- speak and write fluent English
We offer you a unique and challenging trainee program and the opportunity to:
- work for an employer whose activities have a major impact on people all over the world;
- discover how you can actively contribute to innovations that matter;
- launch and steer your career in an environment with an astonishing diversity of nationalities, skills and backgrounds;
- learn about different parts of the organization;
- strengthen your capabilities and knowledge;
- build a great international network.
As a trainee you will receive a contract for the period of 3 years, with excellent labor conditions.
When you are interested to join the Philips’ traineeship, please apply online latest 31st of January 2017.
- upload your CV, motivation and grade list;
- if you pass the pre-selection round you will be asked to make an online ability test beginning of February;
- if you achieve the required score on this test, you will be invited for the Selection Days in the Netherlands, Eindhoven (7th or 9th of March 2017);
- the most suitable candidates will be invited to the Traineeship Business Challenge Event in the Netherlands, to be scheduled on 30&31st of March and 3rd&4th of April 2017 (you will attend one of these Business Challenges, depending on the functional area). During the event you will spend 1.5 day with similar minded graduates, working on a range of highly challenging exercises in a number of business-related scenarios. This is the final step in the traineeship selection process.
When you successfully complete the selection process you are able to start between the 1st of May and September 2017 in your first assignment which are especially created for this program.
When you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please contact Stefanie Ronde (Talent Acquisition Consultant) via +31(0)6-21142022.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top