Job TitleTrainee Engineering
As a trainee you will join a 2-year program, in which you will be fulfilling 2 or 3 challenging assignments in different departments and sectors within Philips. For some of our Trainees it is even an option to work abroad. The Traineeship focusses on ‘learning on the job’, mentoring and training. Benefit from ample opportunities to learn and share with other Philips trainees and employees, while expanding your business network. After two years of accelerated learning and gaining valuable experience you are in the driver seat of your career. You will get the chance to use the network you have built to find the perfect next step in your Philips career.
We have several assignments (location Eindhoven or Drachten) available at Philips Health Systems or Personal Health. Within the Engineering trainee positions, each assignment has a specific focus.
- Function Developer Innovation Site Eindhoven; you will be part of various projects in which you perform various tasks. This offers you the chance to gain experience in a lot of fields and to interact with many different functions. You will be involved in front end innovation.
- Business Group Advanced Manufacturing; a new product grooming concept is currently developed to achieve a cost and quality breakthrough. To manufacture this potential product also production allocation and equipment has to be defined.
- Philips Procurement; you will become part of a global high performing IT Team. You will optimize IT souring processes and other related processes. Join LEAN activities to reduce waste and to allow the team to focus on value add activities.
- Design for eXcellence; Design for eXcellence plays a key role in Philips’ ability, in collaboration between business functions, to address total and to end cost and establish a new way of working, encouraging cooperation and transparency. You will participate in different DFX workshops across Philips businesses, especially those with a specific focus on value.
- Innovation Site Eindhoven; Product Research Center. This function represents the Voice of the Consumer in our Innovation & Development activities and extracts valuable insights from data, translating them into new products and services that delight consumers. The trainee will spend 50% of the time as product researcher on a number of innovation projects. The other 50% is spent on a competence assignment.
- Innovation Site Eindhoven; you will work closely together with the Business Excellence Lead of the site. Being a change agent in the journey to become Lean. Improve main innovation processes (pre development and development); burning platforms to work on are defined on site and business level. Implement LEAN way of working.
We are looking for
To be successful in this program you are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, eager and ambitious. Are you the one we are looking for? You can apply for the traineeship if you:
- have recently graduated or will graduate latest August 2017 with a Master’s Degree in the directions of Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electronics, Physics, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Innovation Management, Industrial Engineering, Technical Business Administration. You have max 1 years of work experience straight after your graduation;
- have excellent inter-personal and communication skills, so you can persuade colleagues at all ranks in the organization;
- have international experience or an international mindset and the ability to use internal and external resources to maximize the value for the company and its customers;
- have project and change management skills;
- speak and write fluent English.
We offer you a unique and challenging trainee program and the opportunity to:
- work for an employer whose activities have a major impact on people all over the world;
- discover how you can actively contribute to innovations that matter;
- launch and steer your career in an environment with an astonishing diversity of nationalities, skills and backgrounds;
- learn about different parts of the organization;
- strengthen your capabilities and knowledge;
- build a great international network.
As a trainee you will receive a contract for the period of 3 years, with excellent labor conditions.
When you are interested to join the Philips’ traineeship, please apply online latest 31st of January 2017
- upload your CV, motivation and grade list;
- if you pass the pre-selection round you will be asked to make an online ability test beginning of February 2017;
- if you achieve the required score on this test, you will be invited for the Selection Days in the Netherlands, Eindhoven (7th or 9th of March 2017);
- the most suitable candidates will be invited to the Traineeship Business Challenge Event in the Netherlands, to be scheduled on 30&31st of March and 3rd&4th of April 2017 (you will attend one of these Business Challenges, depending on the functional area). During the event you will spend 1.5 day with similar minded graduates, working on a range of highly challenging exercises in a number of business-related scenarios. This is the final step in the traineeship selection process.
When you successfully complete the selection process you are able to start between the 1st of May and September 2017 in your first assignment which are especially created for this program.
When you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please contact Stefanie Ronde (Talent Acquisition Consultant) via +31(0)6-21142022.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top