Therapeutic Field Service Engineer
Job TitleTherapeutic Field Service Engineer
We challenge you to simplify healthcare in this Therapeutic Field Service Engineering role by focusing on the people in the care cycle - patients and care providers. Through combining human insights and clinical expertise, we aim to improve patient outcomes while lowering the burden on the healthcare system.
Philips delivers advanced solutions for both health professionals, to meet the needs of patients, and empowered consumers for affordable healthcare whether in hospital or at home.
You will operate remotely, independently, and be self -motivated while working under the Regional Service Manager with minimal supervision. As a Field Service Engineer, you will provide on-site installation, preventative maintenance, repair and technical service for Philips Respironics and our MRx defibrillator product line.
- Perform repair, preventative maintenance and installation of ventilation, anesthesia, defibrillators, infant care and other devices in the hospital and institutional environments.
- Sell Service products to customers including: Service Agreements, test equipment, training, and parts
- Assist in identifying and drafting procedures, policies, etc.
- Provide technical advice and support to Respironics sales staff.
- Coordinate with dispatch to ensure minimum local inventory availability and to provide time effective customer service.
- Enter and maintain all service notifications, service orders and resource-related billing. Sell service agreements and service products.
- Provide after hours support.
- Maintain a positive P&L
- Perform Duties in compliance with relevant QSRs and ISO regulations
- Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to Managers or Sr. Field Service Representatives while maintaining regular phone contact with Manager.
We are looking for someone who has the following:
Must demonstrate complete technical understanding of all serviceable products. Must possess a valid Driver's License.
Must have a minimum of Associate's Degree in electronics or bio-medical technical repair.
§ 5+ years working in electronics or bio-medical technical repair. Respiratory repair experience will be highly desirable.
§ Your qualifications must include a knowledge of the hospital protocol for the ICU, OR and NICU.
§ Field Service and work experience in a Customer Service Environment highly desired. Previous experience with order entry, shipping, receiving and inventory control automated systems is required.
§ Must have experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
§ Work performed at the customer's site requires sitting, standing and walking. Incumbent must able to lift and transport equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. as well as work with others on the physical movement of the equipment, which may include kneeling, squatting, crawling, twisting, bending and reaching. Fine motor skills are necessary for computer input as well as repairing electronic equipment and operating telephone, fax, copier, etc.
§ Incumbent will be required to make frequent deliveries and pick-ups requiring driving.
§ Position will include approximately 60-65% travel in a defined territory by van.
§ The territory includes OR, WA, AK, ID, MT and WY. The preferred location in Portland, OR.
§ Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top