THIS IS A 3RD SHIFT JOB
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Support process improvements and cost reduction activities.
You are responsible for
- Performing Final System Testing, Special Engineering Testing, Prototype System Testing, In-process Electrical tests, and Incoming Inspection Electrical testing
- Analyzing abnormalities that occur within own working area and reasons based upon technical knowledge, where the cause lies and remedies it
- Determining, based upon own understanding/technical knowledge, how best to approach the task and how to solve abnormalities
- Preparing discrepancy reports
You are a part of
We have a dynamic and rewarding career opportunity for a 3rd shift Test Technician in Latham, NY.
The Latham MR Magnets facility is a manufacturing and development site for Magnetic Resonance Imaging magnets and other superconducting products used in Philips Magnetic Resonance Imaging and other customers.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Associates degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology/or Equivalent Military Training
- Min 2 years of experience in Manufacturing of electronic or mechanical equipment
- Experience with database data entry, report writing, LabVIEW
- Experience with vacuum systems, and cryogenic liquid handling is a plus
- Knowledge of personal computers, Microsoft excel, micrometers, data acquisition systems
- Knowledge of test equipment operation, testing requirements and of quality assurance practices and procedures
- Ability to build and maintain specialized test equipment and the ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical test equipment to component level
- Ability to read and understand schematic diagrams and test equipment manuals
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
In return, we offer you
Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top