Test Engineer: Product Industrialization Engineering
Test Engineer: Product Industrialization Engineering
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Work cross-site, cross-functionally to ensure that deployed systems are robust, sustainable, and are providing optimum test coverage and performance while maintaining regulatory compliance.
- Work collaboratively with local and remote R&D, manufacturing and other solution development teams to effectively address the technical and logistical challenges in an ever-changing fast-paced environment.
- Be an agent for change, challenging the status quo, creating new test solutions and striving for continuous improvement.
- Be a self-starter being capable of managing projects and tasks equally at home working independently, within a team or managing 3rd parties.
You are responsible for
- Developing a deep understanding of the mixed signal and acoustic test techniques required to test both existing and state-of the-art ultrasound product technology.
- Providing test solutions that are in-line with the organization's goals for Time-to-Market for new products, long-term assurance of supply and low cost of ownership.
- Supporting sustaining efforts where necessary and improving existing manufacturing test systems
- Creating and deploying supporting infrastructure software.
- Maintaining regulatory compliance according to Philips Healthcare quality system.
You are a part of
Philips Ultrasound Product Industrialization Test Engineering team.
This team plays a leading role in providing test solutions in support of World Class ultrasound transducer products.
The Ultrasound Product Industrialization Engineering team has centers in Cambridge MA, Reedsville PA and Shanghai, China and consists of 10 other engineers that together with a process engineering team develop the tools and systems that bring highly complex product designs from the Ultrasound R&D department to the manufacturing floor. The team interacts with local, national and international teams to support a wide range of ultrasound products.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- B.Sc. or M.Sc.in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Min 5 years of experience in the development and deployment of test and measurement systems using modular instrumentation or similar.
- A proven track record in working with cross-functional development teams ensuring timely and effective deployment of test solutions is a must.
- Experience in medical device of other regulated industries is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must
- In-depth knowledge of product design, test solution design and regulatory compliance.
An aptitude for any of the following disciplines is highly regarded:
- Software architecture and development. LabVIEW preferred although C/C++/C# experience
- Signal Processing techniques
- Mixed signal and digital design
- Modular instrumentation platforms
- Analog design requiring a frequency domain DC to at least 50 MHz
- Statistical Techniques
- Data analytics
- SQL databases
In return, we offer you
This position provides the successful candidate with an immediate opportunity to be involved with technology that is helping to save lives, improve patient outcomes and reduce the cost of medicine across the globe. The technology is a cornerstone in the Philips Healthcare portfolio and has proven to be elusive to our competitors. As an international organization, Philips is well placed to offer a broad range of technical and leadership opportunities in various organizations throughout the world.
Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top