Test Automation Engineer
Test Automation Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
In this role, you will be the face of automated quality for our stand-alone software medical device systems. You will work with the project team to analyze requirements, identify automatable scenarios, and write and run the testing scenarios at various phases and levels to ensure that the products meet the requirements and intended use.
You are responsible for
- Leveraging Java or C#, writing detailed automated test procedures that evaluate medical devices and systems against documented mechanical, electrical and/or software requirements.
- Enhancing the test automation coverage where applicable
- Conducting statistical analysis of test results.
- Maintaining and controlling test execution records using good lab practices.
- Learning new technologies and gaining an understanding of system architectures.
- Working with system level, multi-disciplined engineering projects.
- Making risk-based decisions, balancing business and compliance issues.
- Analyzing product and sub-system requirements.
- Analyzing and verifying medical device designs.
- Communicating at all levels of the organization.
- Working as a member of a distributed scrum team.
You are a part of
This position resides in the Sleep & Respiratory Care Business Group, a business group of Philips HealthTech. We are highly dynamic, ambitious and agile within a fast changing industry.
Our vision is to work hand-in-hand with our clinical and consumer customers to transform the personalized healthcare market to meet the significant demands caused by the increase of chronic conditions and an aging society. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for consumers and patients through better awareness, diagnosis, treatment, monitoring, and management of their conditions.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science, or other similar technical discipline or Associates Degree
- 1+ years of professional experience writing code with C# or Java
- Must be comfortable working in various ways (team, pair programming, solo, remote, working with others who are remote).
- Testing mentality and thinking outside the box...ability to see specific requirements in the context of multi-product relationships
- Cloud Foundry, Nodejs, Spring, Protractor, Selenium, BDD/TDD, Linux, BASH scripting, Angularjs, nUnit, jUnit, Cucumber, SpecFlow, CodedUI.
- Software development using ISO 62304.
- Experience testing on IOS and Android operating systems.
- Experience working with Agile methods, including SAFe.
- Disciplined, regulated industries, including FDA's 21 CFR 820 experience.
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top