Test and Automation Engineer
- Gainesville, FL
Test and Automation Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be a promotor for the quality of software through application of standard software quality assurance and verification practices and adherence to the Philips Quality System and product development process. The ideal candidate will have experience with the development of automated testing for software products along with computer system platform verification testing experience. Experience with treatment planning systems or other clinical or clinical instrumentation experience (development, support, or use) is also desirable.
Fast, accurate and interactive treatment planning tools have made Pinnacle a leader in radiation treatment planning. With a reputation for performance, reliability and a flexibility Pinnacle³ has become the product of choice for many leading cancer centers globally and a flagship for our customers.
You are responsible for
- Developing a broad understanding of the product and its clinical application and use cases in order to develop test strategy and associated protocols,
- Execution of verification and validation: participation in verification test execution, planning and monitoring execution, compilation, analysis of results and submission of defects,
- Development of test automation and participation in the overall development of the automated test environment and related resources,
- Participation in verification and/or validation effort planning with considerations for test development, test resources, test execution, site selection, and logistics related to external and internal validation efforts,
- Maintaining test traceability to requirements,
- Providing feedback on requirements definition,
- Working closely with developers and clinical application experts to define test strategies,
- Participation in the development and execution of integration testing,
- Participation in cross-functional project teams with ownership for related project documentation (e.g. plans, protocols, reports, review records).
You are a part of
A global R&D team that creates products and solutions for the Radiation Oncology Solutions Business. You contribute to a portfolio of solutions to help enable a confident path to treatment focused on the key areas of imaging and simulation, treatment planning, and tumor follow-up and response, including products such as: Philips iPatient for Big Bore CT, Philips Ingenia MR-RT platform, IQon Spectral CT Elite, IntelliSpace Portal and Pinnacle³ Evolution
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or similar field- Masters is preferred
- 5+ years of creating, writing and triaging automation test scripts
- Proven testing experience writing with Python
- Must have testing in the context of Agile and/or SAFe development environments
- Exposure to system validation and/or verification and product development
- Experience with tools such as Squish, Cucumber, Gherkin or similar is preferred
- Preferred knowledge with PyJUnitXML, Behave, Jenkins, CD/CI
- Medical, Regulated or Healthcare industry experience is a preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work, communicate and contribute in a team environment
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
In return, we offer you
Engagement within the advancing industry of Medical Technology and cancer care. A key position to drive next stage of fast, accurate and interactive treatment planning and its integration to whole cancer care continuum within our global organization.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top