TechOps Engineer I
Job TitleTechOps Engineer I
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be a part of Philips Wellcentive, a leader in population health that helps customers provide care management for more than 30 million patients and achieve more than $500 million annually in value-based revenue.
You are responsible for
Works on IT problems of moderate scope where the analysis of data requires review of a variety of factors. These factors include the ability to determine the root cause of a given issue as well as the ability to recommend and implement solutions for the organization. The development of the IT solution requires a multi-disciplinary approach and knowledge of basic IT principles, theories and concepts.
Formulates the solution for (technical) partial problems by combining previous experiences in IT based upon technical analysis and (feasibility) studies.
May lead IT projects and help to manage a small number of people. Ideal candidate has a Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of related experience in IT.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Must have strong knowledge and experience with Linux, Centos, Redhat, and/or any other Linux distributions.
- Strong knowledge and experience of various services i.e DNS, DHCP, NTP, Kerberos, SSHD, PXE, SFTP, HTTPD etc.
- Knowledge of various enterprise server hardware models [blades, rackmount, standalone] networking, routers and switches.
- Must be able to read, understand and write intermediate to complex scripts using KSH, Bash, Perl, Python etc.
- Good understanding and workings of configuration management tools, Redhat Satellite servers, Quattor, Puppet, Chef etc.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Clustering, Virtualization, NAS, NFS and SAN
- Excellent communication and written skills. Being able to explain technical problem to non-technical audience.
- Available for on-call (1 week out of every 4-6 weeks), rotated weekly within the team, and become a point person for any production issues.
- Ability to work in a global distributed team.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top