Technical Writer (Service)
Job TitleTechnical Writer (Service)
You will be working on the Learning Products team in the Emergency Care and Resuscitation (ECR) marketing organization within Philips Healthcare in Bothell, WA. We are leading the way in emergency care and resuscitation from the field to the hospital through our innovative portfolio of defibrillator-monitors and AEDs.
The Learning Products team is responsible for post-sales technical documentation for Philips ECR products. The team produces user documentation, service documentation, customer training materials, and user interface localization support.
The Technical Writer (Service) creates documentation and training materials for Philips Healthcare ECR products including service manuals and lesson plans from engineering documentation, field service requirements or software documentation. This is a highly collaborative environment. This role works closely with product development teams, engineers, product support teams, other technical writers, and the regulatory and quality teams to ensure that documentation and course material reflects current product features and user needs.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who is able to take a high level of individual responsibility to:
- Research, interpret, analyze, and write by interpreting project plans and requirement specification and determining appropriateness for inclusion into documentation and other content development.
- Work closely with subject matter experts (i.e., development team, product marketing, etc.) to learn and leverage core content and build effective learning deliverables.
- Understand and communicate concepts quickly and accurately.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Follow established style and content standards.
- Work with source controlled documents and an electronic document management system.
- Create end user documentation
- Proactively identify ways to improve internal processes, templates, style guides, and usability of our documentation set.
- Keep and incrementally improve pathways of communication with all stakeholders.
- Write and edit internal documents such as plans, reports, procedures, and instructions.
- Use issue tracking databases to research product changes.
- Edit the work of peers.
- Participate in Agile teams.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in technical communications or related field.
- Minimum five years of experience writing and producing technical documentation for products.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Able to prioritize work, balance multiple projects, and meet strict deadlines, with proven ability to work on many projects concurrently.
- Expertise with Adobe FrameMaker and Adobe Acrobat Pro, and strong Adobe Illustrator, Adobe PhotoShop, and Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry, preferably in the medical device industry.
- Experience following mandatory processes.
- Demonstrated success working on a highly collaborative team, in an open-office environment.
- Some graphic design experience.
- Experience working with electrical, mechanical, and software engineers is a plus.
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top