Technical Support Engineer- Software
Job TitleTechnical Support Engineer- Software
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Deliver excellent customer care for customers when they need us most through phone and e-mail support to end-users and administrators of Philips Healthcare Enterprise Imaging and Clinical Informatics.
Position will be located in Pleasanton, CA starting in August 2017
You are responsible for
- Front line support of Philips' products, including iSite Enterprise and iSite Radiology
- Troubleshoot Windows operating system issues quickly and effectively
- Troubleshoot hardware issues quickly and effectively
- Troubleshoot TCP/IP and general networking problems with customers
- Advanced troubleshooting capability on the iSite product family
- Able to work structurally and according to published procedures and work instructions
- Document all actions taken during problem resolution in appropriate internal tracking systems
- Able to accept and resolve escalated issues from less experienced TSE
You are a part of
The Philips Enterprise Imaging and Clinical Informatics Business Unit which provides a comprehensive solution for medical image storage and enterprise distribution. Our Software as a Service solution stores images for millions of patients across hundreds of hospitals around the country and helps clinicians acquire, analyze, and interpret clinical data so they have the care-specific information they need to make informed decisions with confidence. You will join the Research & Development team responsible for building and maintaining this software.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree, or similar equivalent work experience. Additional consideration given for technical certifications such as MCSE and CCNA.
- 2+ years supporting a post-sales enterprise client/server architecture. Experience in supporting clinical and/or health care applications a plus.
- Ability to take ownership of issues and resolve problems in early stages
- Very good customer service skills are required, ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of customers
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to gather and analyze information skillfully
- Windows Client Operating Systems
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Microsoft Clustering
- Microsoft Message Queuing
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000
- Microsoft Internet Information Server 5.0
- Basic TCP/IP Networking skills
- Prior experience using a CRM to support and document details of customer interaction
- DICOM and/or HL7 knowledge a plus
In return, we offer you
To learn and advance with Philips, a diversified technology company, focused on improving people's lives through meaningful innovation. With a century of history and more than 450 innovative products and services, we are ready to meet today's challenges in healthcare by creating solutions that deliver better care to more people at lower cost.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top