Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer
We are hiring!!! Philips is seeking an eager Technical Support Engineer to provide Level 2 product support to Philips eICU customer sites in our Patient Care and Monitoring Systems (eICU) Technical Services Division.
In this role, you have the opportunity to...
Provide technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment. Serve as customer contact on technical and service related problems. Diagnose mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures using established procedures. Determine most cost effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime. Prepare reports for analysis of product failure trends and service ability issues. Be a skilled worker with a number of coordinating tasks. Give support in field service process renewal. Carry out assignments in a professional way according to quality requirements and are finished in time.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
- Provide 8 x 5 technical customer support during standard work week
- Assist Manager with facilitating Product-specific escalations
- Participate in Product line cross-functional collaboration
- Participate in 24 x7 off-hours/weekend support rotation as needed.
- Provide Level 2 phone and email support for customer inquiries and issues.
- Analyze, evaluate and work to resolve customer inquiries and issues.
- Assist in identifying technical problems by researching customized environments
- Assist in identifying tools & solutions to better troubleshoot technical problems.
- Facilitate communication of issues/resolution to customers & appropriate internal staff.
- Provide customers with timely and regular feedback on customer reported issues.
- Manage customer configuration and other detail necessary to provide timely support.
- Perform remote software upgrades/updates on the customer's hardware.
- Identify and develop knowledge base articles derived from troubleshooting efforts.
- Identify product problem areas and provide detailed documentation of the issue.
- Assist with troubleshooting documentation to better facilitate on-site Level1 support.
You are a part of a team
That is revolutionizing the future of healthcare by developing connected solutions having a positive impact on people's health and lives.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Associates or Bachelors degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years in network management experience: routers, switches, firewall configuration, etc.
- Minimum of 2 years in Server Management experience; Disk/drive layouts, performance, troubleshooting, etc.
- Familiarization with OS Windows 2008 and higher.
- Familiarization with VMWare or equivalent.
- Able to demonstrate strong written communication skills.
- Clear dialect and speaking manner for clinical or technical application.
- Good organization skills for high-paced environment.
- Familiarization with Help Desk and ticketing systems.
We offer you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, which offers you excellent opportunities to further develop and fully exploit your talents. This job comes with a competitive salary, excellent benefits and up-to-date training.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223 , option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top