Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
As a Technical Support Engineer you will contribute to the best in class service we are proud to provide to our customers at Philips Image Guided Therapy Devices. This role interacts directly with our customers, and facilitates the successful onsite service of the customer devices.
You are responsible for
- Documenting customer information and recurring technical issues to support product quality programs and product development.
- Troubleshooting problems with malfunctioning electro/mechanical equipment or software applications and recommending corrective action.
- Responding to customer product inquiries, answering technical questions, and analyzing problems via telephone or in written internet-based email.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with persons to develop technical product knowledge and expertise which are critical to responding to daily customer-centric activities.
- Use product knowledge and technical expertise to make independent judgments within established guidelines, procedures and policies to determine an action plan for resolving customer issues.
You are a part of
A team that reports to the manager for IGT Devices Customer Services Remote Support. This team supports products at customer sites in North America, and is located in Rancho Cordova, CA.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Associates of Science in computer, electronic or mechanical technology, medical technology, engineering or technical equivalent, or equivalent training and/or experience in electronics or a related technical field. Prefer Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in field service or a technical call center including troubleshooting experience.
- Solid understanding of technical components including equipment, concepts and procedures. Knowledge of computer hardware a plus. Experience in the medical device field preferred.
- You will be very comfortable customer facing on the phone, and possess the ability to communicate clearly in written formats.
- Must speak English clearly. Spanish, Portuguese, or French are a plus, but not required.
- You will be someone who takes creative approaches to challenging situations, and possess the ability to coach people of every level of technical literacy to a successful outcome.
- You must demonstrate the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a timely fashion, with minimum supervision and efficient follow-up.
- You will have a demonstrated ability to understand technical information related to complex devices with strong attention to detail, quality, and GDP practices.
- Able to work from 6:00 am - 3:00 pm Monday thru Friday onsite
In return, we offer you
Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day, and in this role you will have the opportunity to directly interact with customers and those who work hands on to deliver patient care. We offer you the opportunity to personally contribute to Philips' achievement of growth objectives and ambition to improve the lives of 3 Billion people a year by 2025.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Rancho Cordova, CA.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Call to Action / Contact
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top