Technical Project Manager
Job TitleTechnical Project Manager
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be an integral member of Philips Thereapeutic Care business focused on hospital respiratory care. You will work as a Project Manager with a strong focus on Corrective And Preventive Actions (CAPAs).
You are responsible for
- Leads the project core team and coaches project team members;
- Manages CAPAs, CAPA teams, CAPA owners and ensure CAPAs status are reported accurately and CAPAs closed in a timely manner;
- Has a solid understanding of project management principles and practices;
- Has a solid understanding of a design and development process, including requirements elicitation, translating requirements into specifications and designs, and verifying those designs against the requirements using pre-determined acceptance criteria;
- Has the ability to make things happen by encouraging and channeling the contributions of others;
- Recognizing and addressing important issues in a timely manner, and acting as an agent for change and continual improvement when required to achieve results;
- Leverages available resources and capabilities to execute and achieve defined goals;
- Negotiates with stakeholders to ensure positive response and agreement, striving for win-win situations;
- Has experience with team collaboration tools and project management fundamentals; and,
- Problem solving and paying attention to details.
You are a part of
You will report to the Director of Program Management for Philips Hospital Respiratory Care (HRC) Business Innovation Unit (BIU). The HRC team rolls up under Patient Care & Monitoring Solutions (PCMS). You will be a team of Senior Project Managers. Our Hospital Respiratory Care (HRC) and our Emergency Care and Resuscitation (ECR) solutions are helping caregivers and lay responders both inside and outside the hospital. We are the number one provider of therapeutic care solutions, saving and improving more and more lives every year.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or technical discipline (electrical, mechanical, software, etc.);
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and should be able to speak to CAPA projects;
- Formal course-work or trainings in Project Management; certifications in Project Management such as PMP preferred;
- Experience managing projects related to plastics/disposables in a medical device industry preferred;
- Minimum of five years of experience leading high complexity, multi-disciplinary product development projects;
- Minimum of ten years demonstrated progressive engineering experience in a product development environment; and,
- Experience with complex product development (electro-mechanical/software) in a regulated industry environment (such as Military/Aerospace/Automotive); FDA / Medical Device preferred.
- "US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa."
In return, we offer you
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top